A few small problems and bad mpg.

osiris19

I'll see how shirty my mpg really is tomorro, I'll fill up again and will be making a 100 mile round trip highway. I'm at about 80 miles just just above half tank. Oh and I ordered a Bluetooth Obd computer it tells you all sensor outputs an stats it should be here this week I'll let Lu guys know how it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope you didn't get a cheap one. Anwyays, that's shit mileage. I used to go 120 on half a tank in my automatic. I go about 150-200 on half a tank in my 5spd.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Murphy

Meat Master
Shit dude you're still getting bad mpg? I've heard that not having a cat reduces your mpg big time, either because not having one fouls your O2 sensors or that lack of a cat is causing your car to run rich.

Have you physically cleaned the tips of your O2 sensors yet with a blow torch? After you do that reset your ecu and let the car idle for a bit. Other than that and replacing the auto transmission fluid and putting on a cat that's all I got left.

DC4Dan

Shit dude you're still getting bad mpg? I've heard that not having a cat reduces your mpg big time, either because not having one fouls your O2 sensors or that lack of a cat is causing your car to run rich.

Have you physically cleaned the tips of your O2 sensors yet with a blow torch? After you do that reset your ecu and let the car idle for a bit. Other than that and replacing the auto transmission fluid and putting on a cat that's all I got left.

I always thought removing the cat helps gas mileage? And I ended up switching the front and rear o2 the rear one had minimal wear while the front looked like shit. (The rear one is not physically inside my exhaust because of the straight pipe) I'll reset my ecu before my trip today. Just curious how would no cat make a car run rich?

DC4Dan

O2 sensor will detect a lean condition and dump more fuel.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

But the o2 that controls that is before the cat. So why would anything after than o2 affect he fuel? Sorry I'm not like questioning what your telling me just trying to understand

zack11122

Post catalyst gasses have to be at a certain point. Its an emissions thing to basically tell if your cat is doing its job. .3 volts is a lean and .7 is rich. You want your sensor to bounce between them. Since you don't have your o2 in the pipe its reading outside air. Not what is measured going into your motor. So its sensing extra air. Hence adding extra fuel.

DC4Dan

Post catalyst gasses have to be at a certain point. Its an emissions thing to basically tell if your cat is doing its job. .3 volts is a lean and .7 is rich. You want your sensor to bounce between them. Since you don't have your o2 in the pipe its reading outside air. Not what is measured going into your motor. So its sensing extra air. Hence adding extra fuel.

I gotcha. I'm gonna be installing a high flow soon. I'll make sure to put it back in with a non fowler.

Nick_C78

Rear o2 does nothing! What is with you guys? I should not have to repeat that. All it does is throw a check engine light if your post cat gasses are higher than normal...that is its ONLY purpose. It does not have anything to do with fuel. Also, not having a cat will not do anything like the issues you are having. One of my cars is an auto LS with no cat and it runs fine and gets 30 mpg...

DC4Dan

That's what I thought too....well I just pulled into my driveway. I didn't end of filling up I wanted to see what I'd get to a tank with that much highway added in. I'm now at 183 with a 1/4 tank. It was about 100 miles highway but it probly only added about 20 miles to my tank. Hopefully the Bluetooth scanner I ordered will be able to tell me more

osiris19

The proper way to check mileage is to fill completely, drive till empty and refill completely and take the miles driven divided by the amount of gas you put in.

DC4Dan

The proper way to check mileage is to fill completely, drive till empty and refill completely and take the miles driven divided by the amount of gas you put in.

Didn't Do that this time because I filled up from half a tank. But previously I believe it was 19.3 from
F to To gas light it about 10 gallons though right?