J_Jay_B's teg progress

J_Jay_B

teg driver
no shit... i graduated from kirkwood last year... when did you go to maplewood? and you should come back on April 25th for a cruise.

DC2ROMEO

i graduated from maplewood around o7 (played soccer for them) and moved back to cali. i'll see wassup if i can make it back around that time.

hondaproof

hondaproof
The dude that did your exhaust is fuckin dumb. A glasspack is a straight pipe with a perferated tube. There are no baffles and no front or back, it works the same in both directions. And the pop that's got the girls wet isn't good. That pop isn't from the glasspack,it indicates an exhaust leak. Oh,and that motor will not melt that pipe. Its steel,it won't hurt it anymore then a small block. The fiberglass insulation will burn but that's caused buy the lack of flow.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
^ i wasnt talking about melting the glasspack itself, i was talking about the fiberglass on the inside. and you can run the glasspack so the perforations in the tube face either front or back... i would show you a picture but i dont just have glasspacks laying around. you can face the perforations toward the exhaust flow or away from the exhaust flow... atleast the one i bought is like that. and the pop is a backfire, not because i have a leak. its not a poping when i accelerate, its when i let off and its one big pop not an abundance of little pops like an exhaust leak would suggest... i have had an exhaust leak before, and it sounds completely different. this is a loud pop from a backfire... and i know this because i have seen a small flame when my friend drove it and i told him to hit rev limit in first gear then shift... and sure enough a small backfire flame shot out the back.

btw a straight pipe does NOT have perforated sides and fiberglass in it... a glasspack is just a different form of muffler... and i used it so i wouldnt have a ricey bubble-bee-in-a-soda-can exhaust. you can think what you think but i like my exhaust, and so do a lot of ppl around the st. louis area.

so there you have it!

teggy18

Teg, Teg, Teg.........TEG
hey how much did the rs r springs run ya?

J_Jay_B

teg driver
mine doesnt look like that... the baffles only face one way... pretty much from the side they would look like this... <

teggy18 said:
hey how much did the rs r springs run ya?
springs were 115 shipped to my door... a guy on here does wholesale parts for cheap... user name is DB8JDM. i dont know if he has anymore though... pm him and ask. i also got the struts from him for 300 shipped.

Last edited: