J_Jay_B's teg progress

J_Jay_B

teg driver
alright well my friend wasnt available today to do the work... i need his garage because its too cold outside... so tomorrow after class i will be installing the suspension and then taking it out for a little test drive on my favorite road in the whole world... highway route PP... no street lamps, no cars, and no straights :)

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
thank you... i love this car a lot but every now and then i hate it because it breaks a lot
I'm in the same boat with my Volkswagen..... Love & Hate.

The suspension setup looks amazing....... I always pictured RSR springs being red not blue lol......

J_Jay_B

teg driver
I'm in the same boat with my Volkswagen..... Love & Hate.

The suspension setup looks amazing....... I always pictured RSR springs being red not blue lol......
i thought so too... but they are definitely blue... actually when i looked them up online they were black. and then i got them and they were blue and i was like wtf....

but they are legit.

i will post pics either late tomorrow night after the install or the next day... i think tomorrow i will be doing some spirited driving and wont have time to get pics.

integrab18c1

Banned
i thought so too... but they are definitely blue... actually when i looked them up online they were black. and then i got them and they were blue and i was like wtf....

but they are legit.

i will post pics either late tomorrow night after the install or the next day... i think tomorrow i will be doing some spirited driving and wont have time to get pics.
RS*R has different springs i dont know all of them but i know there is a black set and a blue set not sure if there is any other colors....and let me know how you like those shocks i was thinking about getting those along with the skunk2 springs a already have lmk thanks

J_Jay_B

teg driver
ok well sorry that i havent updated... fuck rear suspension installs. i HATE them.

here is the story: 2 bolts seized in the bushings. the bolts from the strut to LCA in the rear. so new bolts and new bushings. then all of the bushings on the rear LCA needed to be replaced because they were falling apart. THEN the bolt for the trailing arm to the LCA broke. so i paid a dealership 53 dollars for new bolts, and i bought energy suspension bushings for the rear LCA's. i picked them up last night after work... got to my friends house and there were only 4 bushings in the box (need six)... i read the instructions and energy suspension makes a separate bushing set the the strut to rear LCA. SOOOOOO the bushings will be in monday and the car will be done. FINALLY

hmm you half to take me out on that road man ;) so you get everything installed?? no issues with bolts
and how does wednesday night sound? i dont have class on thursday, or it could be this coming weekend.

*EDIT: the front went on in 2 hours tho :)

J_Jay_B

teg driver
i dont know... apparently its common right now in st. louis too... i called a local shop for the bushings that i need, and the lady at the front desk said that she was going to go ahead and order the bushings because i was the 3rd person that called that day asking for the same thing. weird... but it is true that a lot of ppl are having trouble with the LCA's. my big problem was just because they had sooo many miles on them without ever being removed or changed.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
ooo there will be reviews. dont worry about that. well since the front is done we lowered the car off the jack stands in the front. i must say i am very impressed with how stiff it has become. i weigh about 145 and i balanced on my hands right above the wheel on the fender and bounced up and down and there was maybe a centimeter of play. so i am very happy with this setup so far. i just cant wait to ge the back done and take it on some back roads.