J_Jay_B's teg progress

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
its a common problem for integra period!! which Acura dealership you call....call Dave Mungenast Acura... if they dont have the bolts, ill get my cousin to order them for you , your get them next day..lol

but fyi you can goto home depot and buy bolts from there, they will do the trick! make sure you put lock tight on the bolts..

J_Jay_B

teg driver
alright finally done i got it done last night but it was pretty late. i had Allex Ward come over and help too... slickwhiteteg he says he knows you... anyway we thought we were done monday night but we forgot a crucial spacer and the struts went straight thru the top hats... so i was basically just riding on springs... anyway we fixed it late tuesday night. and i will post up pics later tonight.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
UPDATE

here are the pictures of before and after...

BEFORE

AFTER

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
Looks good, now what are ya gunna do for rims? Are you going to that cruise in stl in april?

J_Jay_B

teg driver
it rides kinda rough... but i like it. handles like a dream tho.

and i dont have money for rims now. i spent all my money on the suspension. but i wish i could get my hands on some Ls mesh wheels.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
There are a few forsale in kc but I think they are kinda high. I bought mine off ebay (well one of my sets at the time) for 420 shipped and they had brand new tires... I ended up painting them blk but they were in good shape. I sold a set for 300 that the tires were alright on and the wheels werent the best. For that you could get some used rotas... Ur almost to blade price range

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
yea i know Allex..he a good buddy of mine and used to work with my cousin at Acura, small world! looks good man.. you could of called me.. lol ... hmmm i do got an extra set of rims if you want to see 16" rims on it for a bit...haha

J_Jay_B

teg driver
^ that would be sick... whatcha got? i just wanna see hat the height would be like with a bigger wheel because the tires on the steelies are too small. so the car sits lower than i would like and scraps on my driveway...

and send me a pm with your number slickwhiteteg.... ill hit you up this weekend if i get a chance.

it is a small world... i met Allex when i dated his younger sister...:???: and his car is a BEAST. he drove me home on monday when we had some complications with the struts mounting to the top hats properly. forgot a crucial spacer that goes under the bushings to the top mount (on the tapered part of the strut rod)... and i drove down the road and the front struts went straight thru the top mounts and i basically rode on springs back to the house that we were working at...

anyway its fixed and im happy... i did some spirited driving tonight and got it out of my system... and it was FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! handled BEAutifully!

J_Jay_B

teg driver
ok so the new project is to fix this idle problem... i am fairly sure that its the fast idle thermo valve that needs to be cleaned out... but here are the videos.

and i cant figure out how to post a video... so here are the links.

cold idle (problem)
normal warm idle

let me know what you think.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
hmmm yea ur idling high, mine high is 1200rpms and low is 800 to 900 warmed up

and yea allex car is amazing even before the jdm front and the lsvtec..he just needs to paint the front end :p

you can see pics of the rims im talking about in my build thread.. they are Velox VX-8R, only one other person on this site has them and im only one in stl with them..

btw when i say a bit i mean like for a day... or even just for photoshoot :p

J_Jay_B

teg driver
btw when i say a bit i mean like for a day... or even just for photoshoot :p
well obviously... i wouldnt even drive with them on i dont think just incase the unthinkable happened while driving... but a shoot would be nice... maybe we can do a shoot on saturday?

a front lip and the right size tires/wheels will make the drop look even better :p
and i wish i had the money to do anything right now... but i dont. maybe over the summer.