J_Jay_B's teg progress

J_Jay_B

teg driver
did he tell you the glass pack would be quiet?
oh no i knew it wouldnt be quiet, that would be ridiculous to think that. i just didnt think it would be as loud as it is... i will try to get a video up tomorrow of it.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
the stock steelies, i have some Motegi MR12's in the garage but i hate them and want to get rid of them so i can start my new wheel project. 5 lug conversion with 05 Pilot wheels, obviously going to out different tires on them.

MortensenGSR

Yeah... id run the steelies too haha.. i just got my 99 gsr and fell in love with the blades, plan on getting a set of fat fives to put track tires on for the summer... im too cheap to get lights.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
i wsh i could have some blades or fat fives for street use... i almost had some but the guy wanted 700 for them because he had just out new tires on them... meh

J_Jay_B

teg driver
^ well i would love to but im in a money crunch right now, if you find some then let me know and give me a price, and if i have money then i will buy them.

MortensenGSR

i will for sure, i saw a set up on craigslist for like 150 with crappy tires... the reason they are so cheap is because we have so much salt and shit, so they get corroded really easily.. but if you wanted to polish them up ill keep a lookout and throw shit your way as i find it lookin around

J_Jay_B

teg driver
alright man sound looks, and i have a wheel guy in st louis that will help me out with polishing.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
alright here is the update...
skunk 2 shocks came in the email yesterday and im planning on installing them tomorrow. i cant wait any longer... if all goes well and i can use my friends garage then they will be on tomorrow night and i will post pics...
anyway here is the new suspension.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
thank you... :) you were pretty much the deciding factor on which strut to go with... i know you know alot about suspension so ur input on that helped a lot...

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
thank you... :) you were pretty much the deciding factor on which strut to go with... i know you know alot about suspension so ur input on that helped a lot...
No problem man. Your setup should be great for daily driving and will hold up fine on the touge. After you install them, I recommend you get an alignment ASAP.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
those are some tight springs
yes they are... they are stiff as hell too...

and i will be getting an alignment asap.

oh and n00b question: what are the 2 red things at the top? i thought maybe they were bump stops but now im not sure.

an the exhaust video that was promised about 2 weeks ago is finally ready... sorry! so i finally made one but its on my cell phone so its kinda shitty. and i cant figure out how to post a you tube video so here is the link.
clicky

Last edited: