Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

Nah my last build was the dashed green line. The red line is my current build with the tune from the last one, which is why it was low.

Nick_C78

Yeah...but it is weird. My old exhaust made more torque. How in the hell is that remotely possible. I need to go on raceline's dyno and see if I gained vs my last time, because 2 years ago could have had other factors that I am forgetting. I gained 6hp, but lost 1 torque. Went from shittiest header on the market with ghetto fab 2.25 catback to Skunk2 alpha and megapower rr set up. I also "upgraded" injectors and oversize valves. Gotta say, I thought the gains were going to be a little more than that. haha That either means my old set up wasn't choking off my motor as much as I thought, OR I have something else going on.

95B18BTurbo

My suggestion would be cams to be honest. Losing 1wtrq could be just how warm it was or the humidity on any given day. Im willing to bet your setup wasn't choking as much as you thought, or the cams are not aggressive enough to take advantage of the oversize valves.

Nick_C78

Yeah, I already know those cams are getting close to their limits with any street worthy set up. I don't think I will be messing with the build any more though. It has plenty of power for what I want to do with it. I can get new springs anytime I want, but I just don't care enough. I wanted to just see for shits and giggles what I could get out of these cams, which apparently is very much the same as what I had before haha. I plan to just run it until it blows and then go K-Series at this point though. :p

Nick_C78

I picked up a K-Tuned fuel pressure gauge. I wanted to have it installed before I tuned, but that didn't happen because the plug on my fuel rail is stuck. By stuck, I mean really stuck. I broke 5 allen wrenches, twisted 3 others, and snapped a craftsman allen socket...twice after exchanging it.

I tried everything I could think of to get it out. So to prevent damaging my fuel rail trying to extract it I decided to mount it a different way. I purchased a Russell banjo bolt fitting with a 1/8 NPT female port for a fuel gauge. I kind of like this option better, because the gauge won't get rattled to death by the engine vibrations.

Luckily my fuel pressure was exactly what I remember setting it to 2 years ago. 47 psi.

I also took time to rewire the fuel pump. The stock wiring doesn't put out enough juice to run an aftermarket pump efficiently. Whenever the blinker would be on you could hear the fuel pump fluctuate with each blink. I never thought it mattered too much until my last tune. Daniel at Church Automotive Testing was playing with the cabin fan and other electrical components and it turns out it was making a big difference when it dropped. I ended up ordering a rewire kit made for 4G63 cars (Evo and Eclipse). It is really just wires and a relay, but it was all as a kit, which made it easy.

The wiring needs to be cleaned up a little more, but I will worry about that later.

R13

The other asshole
Nick doesn't want your stupid comments, Bring gifs or gtfo! :lol:

Is the face of the fuel pressure gauge filled with fuel? Won't that get nasty and gunk up in time?

Sent from my toaster

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Liquid filled gauge. Mine is the same helps the needle not be bounced around.

I'll
Also look at your fuel pump thing. I'm curious.

jbrown97ls

I can't believe you went through that many wrenches before going the route you went. You're persistent, haha. Looks good! Do you have any plans to repaint the back of your car? That would clean it up a lot and you'd be a balla.

Nick_C78

Thanks guys.

What are you curious about Dylan?

Jbrown, yeah I was trying like hell to get it off, because my tune was the following day and I did't have enough time for the fitting to come by mail obviously. Also, yeah I plan on painting the rear a really really light gray. I am not sure when I will get around to that though.