Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

As am I. I mean sure the head probably needs some work again, but such is life. I probably should have just went ahead and done the guides and seals this last time, but meh. At least I know that I can track it for the rest of the year without smoke screening people. My plan is to just work on the other aspects of the car that I have been wanting to do, such as suspension. Then at the end of the season I might yank the head for a quick guide and seal change, but for right now it is fine.

Nick_C78

Ordered the hardware to install my harness. I also got the Kirkey foam for my roll bar in today. It is SFI 45.1 rated and all that fun stuff. It is actually more solid than I thought it would be though hah. I need to invest in a few more driver safety and comfort things as well.

More unrelated updates and pics to come tomorrow!

Nick_C78

Lap and anti sub belts will be to the chassis. The shoulder straps will be to the bar. Everything will be to common rules and requirements.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I think that first pic covers the sidewall wear marks. Its not berms or just berms. lol

What tire pressures have you been running?

Nick_C78

I have tried various pressures. It comes down to lack of camber. That day I was 32-33 cold, which was fairly high. I think my temps were 38-40 hot.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Lap and anti sub belts will be to the chassis. The shoulder straps will be to the bar. Everything will be to common rules and requirements.
common US rules and requirements...i dont understand the mounting rules...like using an eye bolt for your shoulder straps.

I have tried various pressures. It comes down to lack of camber. That day I was 32-33 cold, which was fairly high. I think my temps were 38-40 hot.
dont those tires like to be 36 hot?

Nick_C78

Some dont make sense. So im mounting it the safest way.

Correct. They are best at 36, but my lack of camber caused extreme shoulder wear. To combat this I had to bump pressures up.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
they make zero sense i dont understand how Japan's tuner cages dont have anything to brace the cage like a diaginal or a cross beam.

Im like borderline on the inside shoulder. Maybe -.2 more degrees and im on the shoulder. it feels weird to drive when i dailed it back.