Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

Thanks guys.

So after a convincing from Tom Attack I decided to remove my door moldings. Going to cover up the holes with vinyl. Not exactly the best way, but should look ok.

The sucky part is the previous owner had resprayed the car without taking the moldings off. So there is a slight outline. I was able to clean it up some. Going to need to be wet sanded though.

Nick_C78

Sooo....tuning didn't go so well. My car is still fucking smoking... So the only thing left to do is drive the hell out of it for the rest of the year and then get a cheap ass b20 and make it a B20v. Keep it simple and cheap. Sick of this game.

Anyways here are some pics from today:

Here is the dyno:

Nick_C78

Got some new lugs today. Nothing fancy, but a lot better than those shitty autozone tuner lugs I had before.

I should really clean that lube crap off my wheels. It is still on there from when they installed the tires haha.

Nick_C78

Cut out some pieces of black vinyl to cover my side molding holes(Thanks again Tom Attack). Does a pretty good job. I just need to clean up the outline from the moldings a little better.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
We both have cool roofs now. :) I think I'm going to correct everything once I get my car paint fixed.

Nick_C78

Went to buttonwillow yesterday. I didn't do as well as I hoped, but it was still a good day overall and seat time is seat time.

The morning started out with me getting Eibach Numbers from Jackson, which I ended up screwing up and had to tape on to the car :/ Gotta be more patient next time.

About mid way through my second session my car decided to sound more racecar. Here is the reason why:

Ended up saying screw it and just keep driving with it.

My car looked pretty damn clean at the end of the day too. Very little dust. I consider that a success.

The car ran great and the smoking wasn't as much of an issue as I thought it would be. I was frustrated all day with driving the car. Every corner felt like a fight with the lack of grip and the flopping side to side of the suspension. Started the day out with matching my old PB over and over, but couldn't seem to find time anywhere. Seems the more I tried to do the worse it would handle. The tires ended up giving out on me during the 3rd session so I called it quits for the day. I ended up ending the day with a 2:12.455 after a day riddled with nothing but 13's. So it was good to pb, but 2 seconds off of what I think I can do.

Learned a lot and had fun. It was great to see everybody. Can't wait until next time.

Nick_C78

Here is a pic of how the tires look:

Obviously people have gone lower on rs3 and I probably could have gotten a few more laps out of them before cording, but it just wouldn't have been beneficial. They already lacked grip and screamed at me constantly. I also don't have a spare tire that fits over my front brakes yet and my rear wheels won't fit my front either...so I figured it was best not to take any chances.

Next event I will have a new alignment and fresh tires. I was lacking on camber and badly wearing the outer more than the inner.

Nick_C78

Here is my full length footage minus the warm up and cool down laps.

This is my first session. It was full of early braking combined with early downshifting because I was feeling out my brakes and shaking off 5 months of rust. Did several 2:13's(My previous PB) in a row and then came in to the pits.

http://youtu.be/7Wzug2GRVkQ

This is the second session. I was stuck in lots of traffic and then couldn't get a point by to save my life...mostly because I guess I wasn't riding him(Audi TTRS) hard enough. He was on a pace that was 3-4 seconds slower than what I normally do though. I just don't like riding cars that are worth well over 10x mine.

[url]http://youtu.be/HfQ81wO9SKk [/URL]

My third and final session with my PB laps didn't record for some reason. I think my phone overheated or the memory filled up. Anyways that is all I have. I pretty much know most of my mistakes, but I am happy to take any and all feedback!

Nick_C78

Tom Attack hooked it up, yet again. Picked up my AutoPower bar from him last night.

This morning I decided to waste no time installing it.

I had to relocate my speakers or delete them. Since I still drive this daily I chose to relocate them. The funny part is the ABS module location(Driver and passenger side) worked perfectly. I barely had to do any modification to the speaker housing.

I need to invest in some padding since I sit so far back. I know it doesn't help much, but it has to be better than nothing. I also need to install my G-Force 5 point harness. Ill probably do that when I go up to Apple Valley next week.