Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

So the plan was to go up and finish my car this week. My prop valve was supposedly "delivered" on Monday. Apparently there idea of "delivered" is leaving the pick up slip. So when I got to the Apple Valley house late Wednesday night I saw the slip. Not thinking anything of it I grabbed the slip and said "Oh well, I'll just pick it up in the morning." Then it dawned on me that the post office is closed for the 4th of July... Needless to say I was furious. I wasted another week and my car is still not driveabe. All because of the damn prop valve leak.

Well, I figured I might as well do something to the car. Tom Attack gave me the idea of making a new catch can so I went with it:

It should do. At least until I decide to buy a legit one. hah

Nick_C78

Yeah. I think I need to get a better camera though for my pics... Well, actually my next phone will have a better camera. Hah

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I think it's a bit more doable since I have more space thanks to someone

Nick_C78

Yeah, space is good. My way isn't the cleanest or anything, but it works and is fairly easy to do considering.

Nick_C78

So I got my prop valve today and installed it. Good news is the leak is gone. The bad news is the brakes feel like shit. I bled the hell out of them several times and they still feel like crap. I think I am just going to drive the hell out of it tomorrow and then rebleed it again and see.

Motor runs solid though. I have some slight smoke, but far from the locomotive it was. I am hoping after I put some miles on it and tune it that the smoke will vanish completely. I hope... The plan tomorrow is to check fuel pressure and play with timing while keeping an eye on my wideband to make it more ideal to drive around. Then sometime tomorrow I am going to call Raceline and set up an appointment to tune, hopefully this week.

Nick_C78

So today I made my ghetto roof cap. I decided not to do it the fancy way that I was going to, because I am just going to swap the roof skin after I get a little more saved up to by myself a DD. So I took a trip over to Home Depot Autoparts...but they failed me so I had to run to Lowes instead. Picked up a sheet of 22 gauge sheet metal, clear silicone, a rivet gun, rivets and the correct size drill bit in case I didn't have one.

Here are some crappy pics of the crappy roof cap:

I put the sheet on and outlined the sunroof hole from inside the car

Then I made 1 inch measurements all the way around. Hard to see the little dots in the crappy lighting.

Then I played connect the dots

After some cutting and grinding I ended up with this

Then it was time to primer

Then I drilled it and painted it black. It was just a rattle can black. Came out really crappy, but I plan on vinyl wrapping the roof one of these days anyways.

I then put some silicone down, drilled out the holes and riveted it to the car. After that I put a bead of clear silicone around the outer edge to better seal it. That part also didn't come out all that clean, but I rather have it not leak.

Overall it will do the job for now. won't be winning any showcar awards anytime soon though. Function over fashion?