Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

Thanks X.

Welp, here are some minor updates before I start doing the big overhaul on the car tomorrow and thursday:

The block is ready to go. I just have to finish assembling a few things on it then drop it in. Then bolt up the trans and then the head.

Hopefully I will have this car back on the road Thursday Night. Going to be a long 2 days ahead of me.

Also, Here are 2 more purchases I made last minute.

dopematic

Nice updates. I'm also confused about how you got the fuse box in without cutting and splicing wires. Haha

Nick_C78

I didn't unpin any of the wires from their plugs. I just unplugged all the plugs from the fuse box. and undid all of the loom. Then it was just a matter of untangling it all and feeding it through the fire wall 1 plug at a time. After that I had to fish it up to the location I wanted. It barely reaches that location.

Nick_C78

Thanks man.

So I got a fair amount done today. However, there is still a bunch of things to do before it is drivable. I started off with assembling the block this morning, didn't bother taking pics of it, because i have millions of them already in this thread lol. Here are pics of the progress today:

I think I made the right choice going back to a black valve cover. Looks way cleaner, imo....

Anyways I should be finished with everything else and having it driving tomorrow. We shall see.

Last edited:

dopematic

Ouuu fresh new block looks so pretty. Lol Good s***! your engine bay is looking clean!!! :thumbs up

Ohh, I didn't know that it can fit through one plug at a time. Nice! I might have to consider doing that now. But not sure if I wanna remove the passenger air bag though since I got it to still work even with a quick release steering wheel. Haha.

Nick_C78

Thanks guys. It isn't the cleanest bay ever, but it is way better than it was that is for sure. The header and intake are killing it for me, but oh well. I even modified my little home made intake to get rid of that shitty second bend it had on it to prevent it from hitting the ABS. I actually bent it a little too far when I made it and it always bugged me, but you live and learn haha.

dopematic, if you try to do it, make sure you run it though the fire wall grommet that the rest of the wires go through also. Oh and you can mount it other places under the dash, just have to get creative. It can be a lot of work though, so if you start it, make sure you have time to finish it.

Nick_C78

I got everything assembled today. Got the car running and ready to drive. Went to bleed the brakes and noticed that my prop valve is leaking from the top port that go to the rear lines. Now I know I didn't over torque them. So naturally I gave it a little bit more snugging, nothing to crazy. It make it leak a little less, but still leaks. I refuse to tighten the shit out of it, so I take off the line and inspect for debris. I saw nothing so I went ahead and cleaned it all anyways. Put it back together, still leaks. Take it apart, decide to just reflare the hard line. That didn't work either. Guess ill be replacing the prop valve again. Thats the risk you take with junk yard items though.

As for the motor. It sounds healthy. I haven't gotten to drive it yet, but it idles and made it through its first heat cycle. Only time will tell if it will be smoke free.

Only thing left to do is get the brakes to stop leaking. And to finish the sunroof cap. My brother says itll be done by the next time I come up.