Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

I think when ever i get around to getting GCs, I want them to be a little stiffer than my lowering springs that I have now. I dont know the spring rates off hand but I have issues with my tires rubbing and Im hoping a stiffer spring may resolve this.
What is your tire rubbing on? Spring rates isnt your issue. You either need fenders rolled/pulled, wrong size wheel and tire combo, or you have wonky camber.

The electrical tape trick is awesome. Didn't have to fight the sleeve from spinning. I can't wait until my alignment and corner balance is done. Then ill get to see my true track stance.

96LSteg

Jemel
What is your tire rubbing on? Spring rates isnt your issue. You either need fenders rolled/pulled, wrong size wheel and tire combo, or you have wonky camber.

The electrical tape trick is awesome. Didn't have to fight the sleeve from spinning. I can't wait until my alignment and corner balance is done. Then ill get to see my true track stance.
its rubbing on the inner right corner of the wheel well. I have 14" Del Slo Si rims and tires on and my camber isnt too bad. I just figured my "soft" springs was the issue as this only occurs when I go over medium size to ginormous bumps.

Nick_C78

You are rubbing on the inner? What is your camber set to? Does it happen when your wheel is straight? That sounds like something is bent. I had soft springs and I would max them out at the track with the wheel fully tucked at speed and I never rubbed.

96LSteg

Jemel
You are rubbing on the inner? What is your camber set to? Does it happen when your wheel is straight? That sounds like something is bent. I had soft springs and I would max them out at the track with the wheel fully tucked at speed and I never rubbed.
it only happen im turning that i can remember. I havent driven the car in like 4 months. And I could be wrong about the rubbing location. I havent seen any unusual wear on my tires. Let me get back to you after further investigation :)

Nick_C78

Sounds good man.

I figured I would do the classic picture everybody does when they upgrade their suspension. Keep in mind that the sway bar is on "soft".

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
If the ground control is missing the rubber piece that goes on the top hat the spring can jingle around and rub on the collar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick_C78

Decided to change my spark plugs today as well. I have been having a misfire and a very rough idle upon cold starts.

I think I found the reason behind the misfire... Cylinder 4 had a nasty plug. They all have build up though. It runs much better now with the new plugs. Looks like I need to start changing them every oil change or something. Stupid valve guides.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
lol Dylan!

yeah the only time springs will come into play for rubbing might be at the extremes. ie big dips at speed. That would first of all be rare occurrence and then its still not to blame. Figure out where its coming form then why. Use masking tape in areas you suspect might be rubbing and check them next time you rub.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
lol Dylan!

yeah the only time springs will come into play for rubbing might be at the extremes. ie big dips at speed. That would first of all be rare occurrence and then its still not to blame. Figure out where its coming form then why. Use masking tape in areas you suspect might be rubbing and check them next time you rub.
mine rub because of the lack of that rubber piece to kep the spring in place thats all.

Nick_C78

Again Dylan, Tom was talking about the guys tire rubbing. Nobody cares that your springs rub the sleeve.