Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

dopematic

Do you have koni yellows or koni race? Mine is Koni Race, it just happens to still be yellow... lol

The benefits to having stiffer rear is it gives the car more oversteer. Essentially my car should have the ass end sliding around on me easier. Makes the car terrifying to drive, but faster.
Im not even sure, they look exactly the same from that picture and I remember when I was picking up my set of ground controls, I had to choose the koni yellow race shock cause they didnt have other yellow options. Didnt know they made it differently haha

Nick_C78

The Race version of yellows just has better valving for high spring rates. If you chose super high rates then thats why you needed the race version.

Nick_C78

I finally took the time to installed the Koni Race and Ground Controls. Didn't take all that long to do. I also didn't adjust them perfectly because I will be getting it corner balanced at WestEnd on Wednesday.

Here are a few blurry pics of the install:

Justin Ross at Ground Control gave me a tip for installing the sleeves. He told me to wrap the shock 1.5 times with electrical tape about 2 inches above the snap ring. Then you slide the sleeve on, thread the nut on upside down and use a rubber mallet to knock it down onto the snap ring. This will stop the threaded sleeve from spinning while trying to turn the gold nut. It worked like a champ too!

When I went to remove the rear struts I noticed that my right rear shock was blown again. As many of you know Jared Reyes at Eibach just sent me a right rear replacement shock not even 6 months ago, because I blew the last one. This poor shock had a very short life.

For the driver side rear I had another surprise waiting for me. Does anybody see something wrong with the spring?

I also decided to install my Energy Suspension top had bushings. I have had them in my garage for a while, but never took the time to put them on. Katman suggested that I replace my old mushy OEM ones and it reminded me that I had these.

Here are a few pictures of how it sits right now. Keep in mind that this is not my final stance. It is going to change after I get my corner balance.

Sorry the pictures are so bad. The lighting wasn't really great. My phone also wasn't focusing for some reason. I think I need to learn how to use all of its fancy camera settings.

R13

The other asshole
:shock: She's looking sexy, I was about to raise my car up for comfort but I don't think I want to now.

Nick_C78

Depends what do you mean by quality. My spring rates are stiffer than shit. Surprised me a little on the freeway. Feels like my heart is gonna rattle out of my chest. But it handles very very nice. Also it isnt bouncy at all thanks to the Race dampers.

96LSteg

Jemel
Depends what do you mean by quality. My spring rates are stiffer than s***. Surprised me a little on the freeway. Feels like my heart is gonna rattle out of my chest. But it handles very very nice. Also it isnt bouncy at all thanks to the Race dampers.
I think when ever i get around to getting GCs, I want them to be a little stiffer than my lowering springs that I have now. I dont know the spring rates off hand but I have issues with my tires rubbing and Im hoping a stiffer spring may resolve this.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
glad you used the electrical tape trick. So many people are so confused about that and say it so dumb. Car looks awesome now dude