Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Since suspension has been a huge topic for my car lately I figured it was time to bite the bullet.

After weighing many options it was decided to go with the Koni Race Shocks, Ground Control Sleeves, and Eibach Springs. I chose this option because it is a proven set up and is an unbeatable package for the price. I decided to go with 600 lbs front spring rates and 700 lbs rear. I figured it would be a pretty good set up, especially paired with the Eibach rear sway bar. After choosing which rates I wanted to run I found out that Tony Jackson actually uses the same rates on his car. I am taking that as a sign that it should work pretty well.

Once this is all installed the car will be corner balanced and realigned at West End. Then it is off to the races to test everything out.
Nice pick up on suspension! It was funny Justin built your kit. If you ever lose your adjusters, Ground Control sells a bottle opener with a Koni Adjuster built into it.

dopematic

What are the benefits of having stiffer spring rates in the rear? Holds the rear end down more so that it doesn't lift up and lock the brakes like me? Lol

R13

The other asshole
What are the benefits of having stiffer spring rates in the rear?
Curious as well, I always thought my rears were too stiff because the front feels nice and firm but the rear bounces pretty bad because the spring rates are the same as the front.

Nick_C78

Nice pick up!! I love my set up to death. I kind of want stiffer springs now though... lol
Do you have koni yellows or koni race? Mine is Koni Race, it just happens to still be yellow... lol

The benefits to having stiffer rear is it gives the car more oversteer. Essentially my car should have the ass end sliding around on me easier. Makes the car terrifying to drive, but faster.

Nick_C78

Curious as well, I always thought my rears were too stiff because the front feels nice and firm but the rear bounces pretty bad because the spring rates are the same as the front.
The bouncing is because of your rear shocks. You either have too stiff of springs for that valving, or you need to adjust your dampening.

R13

The other asshole
The bouncing is because of your rear shocks. You either have too stiff of springs for that valving, or you need to adjust your dampening.
Ah, Yeah my setup is shit I just though it was the springs being too stiff mainly, PO left the oem shocks and put egay coils on it, I'm gonna bite the bullet as well when I find a nice deal on some local wheels.

Nick_C78

Well it is the coils essentially. They are too stiff for the OEM shock valving. They are also probably not matching spring rates all around...afterall it is ebay

R13

The other asshole
:smackself: I knew that...

I'll stop filling up your thread with s*** that belongs in my thread.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

No, I am saying you'll learn to handle oversteer one day. I am going to spin a lot in the near future...