Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

Thanks bro! The lap was super sloppy, the only thing good about it was that it was a PB...somehow..

Minor Update:
Yesterday I went to 949 Racing to pick up a new Silver 15x8 6UL. Big thanks to Emilio for hooking it up!

Hopefully I can make this one last me more than one event! Stupid noob mistakes are expensive...

Nick_C78

Yeah, a big part of it is that I wasn't rev matching all day. My braking leaves something to be desired as well. Theres always next time though.

Nick_C78

Technically yes, but they made the center bore large enough so that other makes can use the wheels. I hear mixed reviews of the 949 guys, but they were chill with me.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Technically yes, but they made the center bore large enough so that other makes can use the wheels. I hear mixed reviews of the 949 guys, but they were chill with me.
I heard Emilio is a dick, but I do like the 6ULs. :lol:

Nick_C78

How much of a dick can he really be if he allowed me to get a wheel from their private stash? Look at their website, its "Out of Stock". So are their vendors.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
How much of a dick can he really be if he allowed me to get a wheel from their private stash? Look at their website, its "Out of Stock". So are their vendors.
I must say that it was pretty cool of him to give you a 6UL from his "stash".

Nick_C78

I wanted to take the time to give a little feed back about some of my more recent upgrades that I wasn't able to fully test out until the last event.
For starters the Autopower Roll bar, G-Force 5 Point harness and the buddy club race spec seat. Being strapped in securely is a game changer. No longer holding yourself up makes driving a whole lot easier. If you are on the fence about getting these things, do it, but make sure you get all 3. It lets you feel the weight of the car shifting easier. The roll bar is nice and solid. I know some people say it makes the chassis noticeably sturdier, but I am not sure I felt that part of it too much. The G-Force harness held me in nice and tight and never came loose on me. The Buddy Club Race Spec seat is another story though. It was pretty flimsy and felt like it was going to break any moment. It creaked a lot as well. That being said I will be looking to upgrade my seat some day. It did its job though. The Momo Hub and NRG 2.0 Quick release also worked well and brought the steering wheel comfortably close.

My most recent wheel alignment helped out tremendously. Not only did it make the car handle way better, but the tire wear was way less. It is nice to set faster laps and save tires at the same time. Kudos to Darin and Chris at West End.

Lastly the Eibach 25mm Rear Sway bar. This thing is a monster. I had it on its softest setting and was still 3 wheeling. I know lifting a tire isn't ideal for handling, but it makes for some cool photos. This mostly had to do with the soft spring rates causing massive body roll. The sway bar was compensating a lot though and made driving a lot easier. I highly recommend this sway bar. I can't wait to feel how the bar is when it is combined with a proper suspension and when I get to play with each of its settings.

Nick_C78

Since suspension has been a huge topic for my car lately I figured it was time to bite the bullet.

After weighing many options it was decided to go with the Koni Race Shocks, Ground Control Sleeves, and Eibach Springs. I chose this option because it is a proven set up and is an unbeatable package for the price. I decided to go with 600 lbs front spring rates and 700 lbs rear. I figured it would be a pretty good set up, especially paired with the Eibach rear sway bar. After choosing which rates I wanted to run I found out that Tony Jackson actually uses the same rates on his car. I am taking that as a sign that it should work pretty well.

Once this is all installed the car will be corner balanced and realigned at West End. Then it is off to the races to test everything out.