Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

BrianZ

Snap oversteer is really what I am more worried about with my current set up, which is why I have camber set to -2.5 in the rear to try to counter it for at least a few events until i get used to it.
The snap over-steer is from the poly trailing arm bushings and camber will only help a little.

That was the handling issue I was having. Once I put oem back in the car under-steered (made some small adjustments to correct it)

It is on there and I feel like focusing on seat time for now. You will find that I tend to drive my car for what it is for a while before I change things. Just look how long it took me to decide to upgrade suspension. Right now I am just trying to hone my skills as a driver. Then I will mod the car more once I have a better idea of what I am looking for with this set up.
:like: The fact your willing to keep the car the same and learn how to drive it is awesome! so many people mod the car way faster than their skill level. I still suggest getting the poly out sooner than later.

Nick_C78

Interesting. I still haven't even been on track to test out my new suspension. I am just assuming it is going to snap over-steer and you are basically confirming that it will. Oh well, it will give me a chance to work on saving it. I will get the bushing out probably sometime after this next event. Depending how bad it handles.

Thanks man. I see no reason to blame the car or upgrade things that I don't need. I only really bought my suspension, because I felt like I was really pushing my old set up. Mostly because it was an Eibach Pro-Kit, which is basically OE replacement quality. I also kept blowing the shocks and even collapsed one of the springs... It should be a hell of a lot more fun to drive now though.

My lifelong goal is to be able to get in to any car, no matter how it is set up, and go fast. In order to do that I need to be able to put up with improper handling cars as well. Lots of people can go fast in a properly set up race car. I want to be able to take a mediocre car and take it to the extreme.

BrianZ

My lifelong goal is to be able to get in to any car, no matter how it is set up, and go fast. In order to do that I need to be able to put up with improper handling cars as well. Lots of people can go fast in a properly set up race car. I want to be able to take a mediocre car and take it to the extreme.
Once you are comfortable driving on the track I would suggest doing some 24 hour of LeMons racing. Many people rent a spot on the team for each race, and you could change cars each race. You definitely will get ill setup cars to drive and have to figure out how to drive them fast! I have a blast figuring out how to make the best of whatever car I'm driving !

Nick_C78

Yeah eventually. Right now I am cool with track days. Ill look in to that though

Nick_C78

The eibach number plates got ruined, because I kept them on the paper backing so I could tape the numbers on and keep removing them after events. Well, the paper got wet and shriveled up. I took this time to order some magnetic numbers to make it more convenient to remove them. Magnets have been known to fly off, so I also have strips of clear vinyl to hold down the leading edges.

There were a lot of useless wires in my hatch and the rear of the car, because of things that have been deleted. I woke up early today and figured I should utilize this free time and clean up some of the wiring.

I decided to tuck the wire for a sleeker look as well.

I also removed the wires for my sunroof and dome lights.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Thanks guys. She needs a lot of work still, but is getting there. The biggest thing at this point is paint, inside and out.