Whats a good exhaust/muffler??!!!

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
dc2GS-R said:
i had the RS*R Ex Mag that i got from a friend that had it laying around. i believe it was 70mm piping with a 4" tip
mines totally different from the Ex Mag design... it looks more like the Apexi WS axle back... but i haven't seen one like it from RS*R or anyone/anywhere else... it does have the RS*R etched and engraved on the sides of the tip and the bottom of the muffler... so iono :what:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
hmm? the ExMag looks very similar in design to the World Sport. the RS*R isn't a stainless muffler though. but it does have the same style setup and engraved tip.

Votan_B18

Jmoney187 said:
Wow.. yea.. theres your problem. Ractive=RICE, and with no resonators :shock: watch out now!!
lol but i guess you already know that. I like skunk2, buddyclub, greddy, tanabe . It's all preference really and wat your future mods are. Good luck
Yeah, I know I made a mistake with CRAPTIVE, the funny thing is that my buddy owns a v6 MX6 and has a Ractive muffle with no res, just a cat and the thing sounds better than a Porsche. But I have the Honda engine... :???:

Votan_B18

TegSox said:
Ding ding ding....there's the problem! A Craptive muffler and no inline resonator. Resonators take the "bumble bee buzz" out of the exhaust tone, and don't affect flow speed at all.
And Ractive is just Ractive.
I asked my friend at the exhaust shop and he said a resonator wouldn't do me any good :2confused
I dont know man anymore, lol. That was actually the first thing out of my mouth was to ask to get a resonator thrown on. What if I kept the same setup, ditched the Craptive and slapped on a DYNOMAX MUFFLER? :lol:

speedin

The Transporter
Votan_B18 said:
I asked my friend at the exhaust shop and he said a resonator wouldn't do me any good :2confused
I dont know man anymore, lol. That was actually the first thing out of my mouth was to ask to get a resonator thrown on. What if I kept the same setup, ditched the Craptive and slapped on a DYNOMAX MUFFLER? :lol:
telling ya. slap on a rsr exmag. but if ur going budget get a ebay twin loop.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Votan_B18 said:
Did he explain himself? Wouldn't do any good as far as what? Making power? Killing sound?
If resonators don't do any good, why does anyone have them? Why would every car manufacturer on the planet spend the money to put them in their exhaust systems? Why would Magnaflow and other aftermarket companies make them?

Votan_B18

TegSox said:
Did he explain himself? Wouldn't do any good as far as what? Making power? Killing sound?
If resonators don't do any good, why does anyone have them? Why would every car manufacturer on the planet spend the money to put them in their exhaust systems? Why would Magnaflow and other aftermarket companies make them?

He meant as far as sound. :???:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
it will eliminate resonance droning when driving on the freeway at 70 MPH and things like that. it doesn't hurt power.

Votan_B18

dc2GS-R said:
it will eliminate resonance droning when driving on the freeway at 70 MPH and things like that. it doesn't hurt power.
Oh, so it doesn't have such a loud hhhmmmmmm to where you cant even hear yourself think? My whole this is that I am trying to find a cost-effective way to do all this. Don't exactly have to mula to throw down on a completely new exhaust. No one has really replied about the Dynomax idea. What if I did that with resonators added? or without any added? :roll: