Whats a good exhaust/muffler??!!!

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
t1r is loud but it also sounds sooo nice its quite hard to find though i only know of 2 websites that acutally carry it. ajmotorsport is one i forgot the other. very expensive however cost me close to $900

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
What exhaust do you have now? Does it have a resonator? Do you know the size of your muffler now, legnth and width?

Twin Loop mufflers have the flow ability of a straight through muffler, but are quieter.
Chambered mufflers are the 3rd kind of muffler design. They don't flow as well as a straight through or twin loop design in the upper rpm's (which stunts your peak HP potential), but they are the quietest of the 3.

Magnaflow makes just mufflers in all different sizes, I'd recommend them most of all. Flowmaster makes just mufflers too, their a good brand.

Maybe it would be a good investment for you to replace the entire exhaust instead of just the muffler. Are you gonna do any internal work on your engine? A 2.25 inch exhaust is great for what you have now, I'm sure your setup performs great. But if you plan on building up your internals in the future, a 2.36 or 2.38 inch system may be in order. Just a thought.... :)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i'm with TegSox. Magnaflow makes some good shit. if you have a friend with a shop then why don't you just pick a muffler and some mandrel bends from magnaflow and have him weld you up a custom catback. its a great way to get a cheaper but quality exhuast. if you are worried too much about noise then go with the RS*R or twin loop. i like the way the greddy evo2 sounds as well but i've never heard it on a teg. Sounds awesome on my Eclipse GSX and my friends RSX-S though

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i like my RS*R axle back... best sounding exhaust my ears have heard... no rasp.... smooth humm @ low RPM's and Roars @ high RPM's.

hmmm i can't find mines on the RSR website... is my shit fake :shock:?

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
YEP^ i had an RS*R axleback with custom mandrel bent piping on my GSR. it sounded nice!!!

tisguy

twin loop:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZTriQbvJ28"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZTriQbvJ28" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

that was with stock header, so now i think it sounds a lot better after switching to dc cerams.

Votan_B18

TegSox said:
What exhaust do you have now? Does it have a resonator? Do you know the size of your muffler now, legnth and width?

Twin Loop mufflers have the flow ability of a straight through muffler, but are quieter.
Chambered mufflers are the 3rd kind of muffler design. They don't flow as well as a straight through or twin loop design in the upper rpm's (which stunts your peak HP potential), but they are the quietest of the 3.

Magnaflow makes just mufflers in all different sizes, I'd recommend them most of all. Flowmaster makes just mufflers too, their a good brand.

Maybe it would be a good investment for you to replace the entire exhaust instead of just the muffler. Are you gonna do any internal work on your engine? A 2.25 inch exhaust is great for what you have now, I'm sure your setup performs great. But if you plan on building up your internals in the future, a 2.36 or 2.38 inch system may be in order. Just a thought.... :)
Yeah, I was planning on boosting it but stuff came up and now i have 103k on the engine as opposed to 60k way back when I first planned it. I Think I might just go with that twin loop. I was planning on checking out that dynomax one my buddy was tellin me about first tho, just in case :lol: thanks man

Votan_B18

tisguy said:
twin loop:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZTriQbvJ28"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZTriQbvJ28" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

that was with stock header, so now i think it sounds a lot better after switching to dc cerams.
Damn, that thing drops low... or is it that your car is just that low?

Votan_B18

dc2GS-R said:
i'm with TegSox. Magnaflow makes some good shit. if you have a friend with a shop then why don't you just pick a muffler and some mandrel bends from magnaflow and have him weld you up a custom catback. its a great way to get a cheaper but quality exhuast. if you are worried too much about noise then go with the RS*R or twin loop. i like the way the greddy evo2 sounds as well but i've never heard it on a teg. Sounds awesome on my Eclipse GSX and my friends RSX-S though
Yea dude, that its whats on right now, custom mandarel bent exhaust. The muffler is a Ractive, So that might be my first problem, but the exhaust has already been done with no resonators, just a hi-flo cat.

tisguy

Votan_B18 said:
Damn, that thing drops low... or is it that your car is just that low?
heh my car's not that low, it's on tokico spring+shock combo, but I've never bottomed out either.

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Votan_B18 said:
Yea dude, that its whats on right now, custom mandarel bent exhaust. The muffler is a Ractive, So that might be my first problem, but the exhaust has already been done with no resonators, just a hi-flo cat.
Wow.. yea.. theres your problem. Ractive=RICE, and with no resonators :shock: watch out now!!
lol but i guess you already know that. I like skunk2, buddyclub, greddy, tanabe . It's all preference really and wat your future mods are. Good luck

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Ding ding ding....there's the problem! A Craptive muffler and no inline resonator. Resonators take the "bumble bee buzz" out of the exhaust tone, and don't affect flow speed at all.
And Ractive is just Ractive.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
SilverDB8 said:
yo dc2GS-R you know what type it is? can't find it on the US RSR site...
i had the RS*R Ex Mag that i got from a friend that had it laying around. i believe it was 70mm piping with a 4" tip