weapon-r ram air

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
i have a cheap ass SRI that i got for like 40 dollars...made some pretty decent power ....im planning on getting AEM short ram though...

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I might be making my own, with the ITBs and the airbox. Custom tubing and a monster filter.

1990TeGLs

damn i really would just get a COLD AIR but i dunno i do to much driving i drive in the rain all the time...i dont want hydro lock lol...and yes i kno i kno they make a bypass valve but still my cars to low...shit will be sucking up water all day long lol

sOuL

so on the comptech icebox dose the box just sit there like the stock box?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Yes it just sits there.

Hydro-locking is when the intake sucks up water and basically the engine locks up and dies.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i got a number 1 sri cheapy paid 50 bucks painted it flat black to match the engine made the dyi icebox and i love it performs great

g3teg97

Super Moderator
That's cool, but I just can't see getting a "cheap" part for my car. I want quality.

I've bought cheap parts before and I just don't want to take that route again.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
well i bought cause i plan on going boost within the yr and i knew that when i bought the car so i wasnt gonna drop 200 on an intake for like 2 or 3 hp im tryn to save as much as possible toward the turbo either home made or a kit still havent decided yet and cant find a motor near me in good condition or a good price so thats holding me back

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Is Hydrolock common?? And if it happens does it ruin the motor? or do you just slow down or shut the car off and let everything dry etc..
If hydrolocking is possible then you shouldnt install a CAI without the bypass right?

1990TeGLs

if u dont drive in the rain...snow...u wont need to get a bypass valve...but if ur driving all the time in the rain or in the winter in the snow or something then u need it cause it will get water into ur engine and it will just die costing u a new engine..

Jmoney187

LivinLow
I dont have tons of snow where i live but theres an average amount of rainfall. If i drive in the rain will there be a problem...it wont be every day but i need to kno that my car can perform if its wet.
On an ls when does an SRI kick in in the rpm range??

1990TeGLs

i really dont kno where a short ram makes its power all i know is mine is loud as fuk and it makes me sound fast....lol but seriously...if ur always driving in the rain...go short ram....plus if u go cold air how much more hp could u possibly get 2hp...just go short ram...for some1 like u its alot safer...u can always buy the bypass valve if u do go cold air...but i still say go short ram