weapon-r ram air

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
I was thinking abot that same intake too, but the secret model, it's like a short ram aem v2, weapon r used to make some sick ass race headers so they make good stuff but not everything, if I get it I would definately change the filter element though its butt ugly or just get the cold air box

2ndName

I have heard good things about them. It is supposedly a pretty good performing SRI. Saw some articles on TeamIntegra.

I didn't really like the fish seafood look, so I went and bought an AEM SRI.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Ram air intakes for Honda's are idiotic, they don't work. Honda's have what's called an "acoustically tuned" intake manifold, it's a very different method of air induction from the ram air method, they're two diferent technologies. Honda's want the air entering the TB/IM to have as little turbulence as possible, ram air intakes introduce very turbulent air. Small displacement Honda engines, which rely on high revs to create HP over sheer displacement, depend on a very precise intake, TB and IM sizing to have airflow velocity peak at the right time to complement the gearing of the tranny for the best acceleration. That's an abbreviated explanation.
Weapon R, Airmass, and any other company who makes "ram air" intakes for Honda's are insulting your intelligence. They know Honda engines don't benefit from ram air intakes. They will sell them anyway because they will sell. Uneducated kids who don't know any better will buy them because they "look cool". Their profiting off the F&F crowd by making these things. It's capitalism in full effect, can't blame the companies for wanting to make money any way they can.

Ram air intakes on a Honda = :rice: :lame :smileyR: :thumbdown :rolf: :smackself :hitlol:

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Ok mister Tex what do you recomend, its not a ram air its just an sri, thought a ram air would be a system that forces the air in as in putting a hole on the bumper and forcing the air into the mani or its all the same?
Got an ebay cai with a k&n element but its not cutting it no more in the look's deparment, though it was a worthy replacement

ltrain

96 LS said:
linky

weapon R ram air kit. what do you guys think? there is also an airbox
i have the air box its shit i also have the sw intake thats great but the box is heavy and in the way of changing out the plugs mines is sitting in the garage

ltrain

u can only use the secret weapon with the weapon r air box due to the smaller filter and longer tube

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
ltrain said:
i have the air box its shit i also have the sw intake thats great but the box is heavy and in the way of changing out the plugs mines is sitting in the garage
Is it loud??? or average

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
never liked the idea of a SRI since you still suck in hot air... CAI is where its at, even the stock intakes gts cooler air flow IMO

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Yeah...I never could understand why you'd get a SRI. Even the stock air box brings in cooler air.