Skunk2 pro series stage 2 cams

RoachGSR

I'll get em up for you relax geez. I thought it would break 200 too but nope. it still hauls tho, I may try for more after bigger injectors. tuning shop is listed above

tooNz-

Death Trap Racing
i'm having this problem with my sk2 pro2 cams right now, everytime i come to a stop, the rpm take a dive like 2-3 times before dieing and car is untuned since i need to get 500miles on it before tuned. What did you do to make it not die?

TheCrimsonStar

i'm having this problem with my sk2 pro2 cams right now, everytime i come to a stop, the rpm take a dive like 2-3 times before dieing and car is untuned since i need to get 500miles on it before tuned. What did you do to make it not die?
Gotta just keep the rpms up. Keep your foot lightly on the pedal when at a stop. If you're driving an auto, pop it into neutral when you come to a stop. Same for a manual obviously.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tooNz-

Death Trap Racing
Gotta just keep the rpms up. Keep your foot lightly on the pedal when at a stop. If you're driving an auto, pop it into neutral when you come to a stop. Same for a manual obviously.

its a 5speed in a b20vtec, its when i put it into neutral thats when the rpm take a dive like 2-3 times before dieing while rolling in neutral.

TheCrimsonStar

its a 5speed in a b20vtec, its when i put it into neutral thats when the rpm take a dive like 2-3 times before dieing while rolling in neutral.
Like I said, just keep your foot on the gas. If that doesn't work, you'll have to tow it to get it tuned.

tooNz-

Death Trap Racing
Like I said, just keep your foot on the gas. If that doesn't work, you'll have to tow it to get it tuned.

I actually just adjusted the throttle cable to make it get stuck at 1200rpm, seems to hold idle i don't mine the extra gas.

tooNz-

Death Trap Racing
500 miles? Is it a fresh build? Cant the shop do a break in on the dyno?
mainly yea its a fresh build, the head everything was taken apart went to the machine shop, block was honed new rings , wiseco pistons, eagle rods and mircopolish crank new head gasket seals etc.... Some shop can do break in on the dyno, but the shop that i'm going to get it tuned by don't do it i think. Going to get it tuned by Ericks Racing since i get the hookup

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Oh didnt notice you were in la til you mentioned Ericks racing. Id say go to raceline but if you get the hook up why not. Nice build, what comp? Looking forward to the results.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Their first pro series were a pain to idle but they supposedly fixed that a while back. Maybe you got an old pair? But they put out very good results.

I don't get why Ericks won't break a motor in on the dyno. I would find a different shop, that's just silly.

Last edited:

tooNz-

Death Trap Racing
Their first pro series were a pain to idle but they supposedly fixed that a while back. Maybe you got an old pair? But they put out very good results.

I don't get why Ericks won't break a motor in on the dyno. I would find a different shop, that's just silly.
i'm just assuming he dont but my builder told me just to drive it until 500miles before take it to tuned. car no longer dieing out cuz i adjusted the throttle cable to idle higher :)

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
That's retarded, 500 miles without a tune. You should be tuning it as soon as you start it up for the first time.