My Integra: We've Only Just Begun

Dr Grant

Nope, none of that business. Learned my lesson the hard way.

Well the time is here. I'm finally done with the fives. Got the tires mounted and balanced and put the winter tires on the meshies.

Here's how she sits as of an hour ago..

Last edited:

Ganyon

Thanks. I was surprised how well it came out since I spent only around four and a half hours on it. Nice thing is this will probably be my worst looking one.

I have the same "Acura" center caps you had with your fives. Did you somehow polish yours or did you buy new caps? They looks fresh on page 81 of your thread.
Sorry i'm just now seeing this. The only thing i did with my center caps is clean them.

Dr Grant

As some of you know already ;) I bought some cheapie eBay smoke gray window visors. Thought I might as well post a pic so we can all ooo and ahh at the 20 dollar plastic :D

Dr Grant

Here's the latest pic of the teg with the polished wheels and center caps. I didn't want to spend a butt load on new center caps so I went to my local super walmart to find some spray paint to get the polished look on them. Well, they didn't have any that I was convinced that would turn out well, so I was looking around for polished/mirror like stickers that I could stick on them. Nope, so I asked a lady who was working if they had any...NOPE.

But then she suggested.....aluminum foil. Lady is a genius.

I immediately went home and tried it out and whatdoyaknow, it looked great. I find it pretty funny and a little pathetic to have aluminum foil compliment my newly 20 hour polished wheels but you can't tell from even a foot away that it'd be aluminum foil. So here's a pic of them on the wheels.

I also purchased a set of eBay window visors that came with 3M tape on them. I ended up buying thicker 3M tape for them to make sure they stick very well. It's been 3 weeks and they're working just how you'd want them to.

Dr Grant

After I got home from the gym I didn't want to waste the rest of the night watching t.v. as usual so I went to Photos and did a little bit of tweaking to some pictures. Not the best sets I know but I thought I'd share some pics what I've done with the Nikon D3300 and its 24.1 megapixel-ness.

Love the original purple tint on the hatch :roll eyes:

Saw this beast after I got out of the gym to walk to my car and found it parked next to me. Pure sex...no editing needed. :drool:

Some random pics I thought were interesting :lol:

represent the Milwaukee Bucks, dawgs. We owns the future :headbang:

my niece Maddi :lol:

Dr Grant

Bought more gadgets to make my car go BOOM BOOM

My brother had some stuff just sitting in his basement

He said he'd sell it all to me for 200$. I accepted. Deal Howie!

I learned that the box was not large enough for the Alpine Type S 12 sub, so I'll be ordering a box from Amazon I guess. Anyone need a box? :lol: So my brother changed it from 200$ down to 175$. Fine with me :D

The amps are pretty legit apparently. I hadn't ever bought stereo equipment besides cheap replacement decks, so my brother filled me in on what he was giving me a "hell of a deal" on:

-2400W Rockford Fosgate Punch 801s 2 channel amp
-1500W Rockford Fosgate Punch 501x 4 channel amp
-Alpine Type S 12" sub
-Useless box (found out when I tried to fit the Type S when I got home to take pics :lol:)
-The capacitor and all the other wires and what not that are in the cardboard box.

I'm definitely going to be going to Best Buy or somewhere to get this installed this weekend. Probably Sunday. Because I have no idea where to start.

Also bought 4 speakers off eBay: all Infinity Kappa 62.11i model. Great reviews. The price was more than I wanted to spend at 200$ for the 4 of them, but the difference between the Infinity References and Kappas noted by consumers sold me on upping the ante for my stereo setup.

I also have my stereo coming in on Friday from Amazon, so at least I can get that installed myself for my boating trip with my buddies for a close friend's bachelor party Saturday morning.

A pretty expensive week in my world. Another update to come tomorrow on something bigger I purchased today. For those who want to play a game...

Think exterior :lol:

Any intake on the stereo equipment is appreciated. Can't wait to get this stuff in my car.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
3900 watts? Wtf... My mirrors shake from my 50w/8in Bazooka :rolf:

I'm guessing you either bought a lip, rear visor or lowering goodies.

And I just noticed you have aluminum foil on your center caps :lol: Go to Home Depot and look in the electrical aisle for knock out plugs (under $1/each). They come somewhat shiny and if you polish them up they'll look better than aluminum foil. :lol:

I have them on my wheels but covered them up with Acura decals.

Dr Grant

94RS;1392517]3900 watts? Wtf... My mirrors shake from my 50w/8in Bazooka :rolf:
These are some old school amps, but my brother says they worked the last time he had them hooked up. Said he'll give me my money back if they don't work (what a bro lol) but I'm praying they do, cause then I'm set.

I'm guessing you either bought a lip, rear visor or lowering goodies.

Hehe..no.

And I just noticed you have aluminum foil on your center caps :lol: Go to Home Depot and look in the electrical aisle for knock out plugs (under $1/each). They come somewhat shiny and if you polish them up they'll look better than aluminum foil. :lol:

I have them on my wheels but covered them up with Acura decals.
Haha yup good ole aluminum foil that was recommended by some older lady working in Walmart the day I thought I was just going to spray paint my beat up caps. They need to be changed with new foil, but it's been close to a month? Not bad for free lol. I don't like the fake decal feeling, I'd just rather have foil :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Quit being a cheap ass and spend $4. You don't have to put decals on... just polish the damn things :lol:

This is what they look like

Dr Grant

Pictures really are worth a thousands words..but I'll just say that you sold the pitch. I'm in for the fake caps :thumbup:

Dr Grant

might get some of those caps for my Axis wheels. The giant hole in the middle looks a little derpy :p
Didn't even think about that till you said it. :smackself

I think it'll look okay though.

If not...I'll probably buy some OEM caps for 60$ off eBay. Had a set then returned them when I found out that they didn't sit flush when you pushed them in all the way. But I'll buy them again if I decide I don't feel like keeping the aluminum foil ones or the HomeDepot ones :D and then just have them sit flush and hope they don't fall out. They sit in there pretty tight even without making the "click" secure sound.

Ganyon

Honestly, you can do the system yourself in 2 hours. Run a power wire from the battery, through the plug in the firewall, and down the passenger side of the car. Next, you'll want a ground wire that is the same size as your power wire. Ground it to some metal in the trunk or under the back seat. Next you're gonna run a set of rca's and a remote wire from the headunit to the trunk. I ran mine under the center console and under the carpet. After that, it's all just plug and play. Just make sure you put an in line fuse in the power wire roughly 8 inches from the battery. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me and i'lol answer any questions for you.

Ps: I built the system in my xb fairly quick and i'my running 2400 watts with 2 12 inch alpine type r's and my windshield actually flexes, so I am willing to help.

Dr Grant

Honestly, you can do the system yourself in 2 hours. Run a power wire from the battery, through the plug in the firewall, and down the passenger side of the car. Next, you'll want a ground wire that is the same size as your power wire. Ground it to some metal in the trunk or under the back seat. Next you're gonna run a set of rca's and a remote wire from the headunit to the trunk. I ran mine under the center console and under the carpet. After that, it's all just plug and play. Just make sure you put an in line fuse in the power wire roughly 8 inches from the battery. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me and i'lol answer any questions for you.

Ps: I built the system in my xb fairly quick and i'my running 2400 watts with 2 12 inch alpine type r's and my windshield actually flexes, so I am willing to help.
If you don't mind spoon feeding, I'll give it a try. I have until next week to read up on installing everything.

Head Unit comes in Friday (piece of cake)
Dash kit most likely next Monday
Speakers the latest next Thursday