My Integra: We've Only Just Begun

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ah gotcha. I think they are better at filtering, I need that extra oil pressure bump, thats why i use the regular ones. I even put the metal band around it.Pretty much anything that can help the motor from not popping.

Dr Grant

Almost to that 100k milestone. It'll be exactly 15k miles having my teggy. I test drove it with exactly 85k on it .

I ended up selling the gsr sunflowers after priming, painting, and clear coating them because one of the wheels were slightly bent . Got what I payed for them, but not what I paid for the spray paint primer and clear coat. No biggie though, I view it as a small fee for a first diy paint lesson.

Debating on whether I finally wanna drop 2 g's on koni/gc, rpf1's, and Yokohama S.Drives.

Dr Grant

I saw these on craigslist so I thought I'd buy these and refinish them versus buying the rpf1's to cut down on costs since I still need to save for fall semester. I looked up how to refinish them (aircraft remover/paint stripper to remove clear coat, then 150/220/320/400/600/800/1000/2000 sanding/wetsanding, finishing off with mothers polish) Not really sure what kind of sandpaper I need.

They came with some Blizzaks around 60%, I figured why not since I could sell the still brand new ones in my dad's basement or sell these for a small amount to give me more money for suspension money. :D Plus I love the polished fat five look.

Last edited:

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
I saw these one craigslist so I thought I'd buy these and refinish them versus buying the rpf1's to cut down on costs since I still need to save for fall semester. I looked up how to refinish them (aircraft remover/paint stripper to remove clear coat, then 150/220/320/400/600/800/1000/2000 sanding/wetsanding, finishing off with mothers polish) Not really sure what kind of sandpaper I need.

They came with some Blizzaks around 60%, I figured why not since I could sell the still brand new ones in my dad's basement or sell these for a small amount to give me more money for suspension money. :D Plus I love the polished fat five look.
Any sandpaper that'll work with wetsanding will work. Talk to Ganyon on this forum. He's polished a set of 5's before.

Dr Grant

Hah yup. I practically got done with one wheel before I needed to leave for work. I don't mind taking the time to sand the wheels. My social life is pretty non-existent.

Last edited:

Dr Grant

Before

Just need to add a few elements that come with the polishing kit.

Dr Grant

Thanks. I was surprised how well it came out since I spent only around four and a half hours on it. Nice thing is this will probably be my worst looking one.

I have the same "Acura" center caps you had with your fives. Did you somehow polish yours or did you buy new caps? They looks fresh on page 81 of your thread.

Dr Grant

It's been lots of sweat dedicated I'm planning of getting these done depending on how hungover I am tomorrow morning. 7th year anniversary at a local bar=free drinks

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
It's been lots of sweat dedicated I'm planning of getting these done depending on how hungover I am tomorrow morning. 7th year anniversary at a local bar=free drinks
You best not be driving, bruh!
I've got a nine hour shift tomorrow. I need to do sway bar end links, but I doubt I'll want to, xD.