Mirrorimg's build thread

mirrorimg

When I bring my 93 down here we should do some picture time.
For sure. Let me know when you're around. Its going to be a little while before I can get her tuned though. Im probably going to wait until I get the new axle back.

the FAL dual slim fans are designed to fit like OE, and they do, it doesn't require to drill into it but rather made a brace to fit on it. its just koyo never mentioned the fan wont clear the header side
If I really wanted to I could have gotten a Mishi, and made some brackets out of some aluminum stock I have. But I didnt want to :)

The fan fit fine originally, but the new header extends towards the radiator more than the previous Megan 4-1. Thats where the clearance issue came into play. If look look at the bay picture near the top of the last page, then compare it to the bay shot with the new header, you can see that the top one has quicker turn down towards the ground.

Last edited:

NorthEndGhost

For sure. Let me know when you're around. Its going to be a little while before I can get her tuned though. Im probably going to wait until I get the new axle back.
Damn, I wish I could slide in on some quality pic action... Prob need paint before I can roll with you guys...:???:

mirrorimg

Damn, I wish I could slide in on some quality pic action... Prob need paint before I can roll with you guys...:???:
Who knows, you may be able to tag along. My car isnt as pretty as it seems. I get a new scuff in it every month is seems, and my front bumper's paint is chipping around the grille.

mirrorimg

Any updates Jason?
Havent had any updates to make. Car is getting progressively dirtier, I bought a new passenger side tie rod end to replace before I get an alignment.

My Twin Loop hasnt gotten here yet, so Im going to contact the seller tomorrow if it hasnt arrived by then. There was some shipping confusion and I dont have a valid tracking number, so I have no idea where it is. It was shipped originally, but had insufficient postage so it was returned. He got a new tracking number, but couldnt transfer postage or something, so added to the original tracking number's postage and sent it on its way. Or so I think.

Car isnt tuned, running a little rich, and is very loud (hence me ordering the muffler). I believe I have an exhaust leak, which is responsible for some of the noise, but I need to get a cigarette and track it down. Once the exhaust comes in, I go to the tuner.

yo car iz uglii

:D
:cry:
And you think a smiley makes everything alright after saying that.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

New (to me) axle back came in the mail. Its a JDM Mugen Twin Loop which has 2.5in piping.

I have ordered a vibrant 2.5in exhaust flange because I didnt realize it wouldnt be a direct bolt in with my existing piping. When the flange gets here next week, I will take the piping and muffler to the shop and have it welded up. The packing material the shipper used was japanese ads. Its pretty interesting.

mirrorimg

Just a mock up to see what needed to be done. I ordered a 2.5in flange, and a donut gasket for it.

The piping obviously needs to be extended so the muffler comes out under the bumper.