Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

Repairs to the DC2 will commence tomorrow. Time has been non existent, but this weekend it will all get done. Tuesday will be the Shakedown at Adams if anybody wants to join me feel free. It is very inexpensive.

In other news the daily got the front mashed up on the freeway. Still have no idea what I hit, but it was 2:00AM and it did some damage.

But with the power of a hammer, vice grips, a drill, screws and some zip ties I got her straighter than she was when I bought the car.

While I was at it I decided to remove the faded aftermarket fabric from the door panels because it started to look booty. And who knew that under the door inserts is actual vinyl. Just needed to clean off the glue.

I am actually tempted to remove the OEM fabric from the DC2's door panels too because I like how the plain vinyl looks.

XjoEnX

Oh damn that's nasty what happened. Sorry Nick. On the plus side the door panels look great

Nick_C78

It's ok. That's what the daily is for. To take the hits so the dc2 doesn't.

Nick_C78

Doing the oil pump install didn't quite go as planned. The first problem I faced was the crank pulley bolt wasn't coming off. My brothers good impact gun was no where to be found because he just moved in to a new house. After 6 hours of searching I gave up and bought myself one. Problem solved.

Next I dropped the oil pan. While removing the oil pick up these fell out...

Those are indeed the tips to the #3 and #4 oil squirts. It is still unclear why these broke off this time, but not during any of the other rebuilds. It is likely that this was partially to blame for the low oil pressure.

Just get new oil squirts and call it good, right? Wrong. Found pieces of bearings stuck on the pick up screen.

More was found in the oil pan too.

The amount of bearing material shocks the hell out of me. I am surprised there was no knocking or anything. The block will be disassembled for inspection, but will not be put back in at this time. Instead the car will be getting a complete ITR longblock and just dropping it in until the other motor is built up with a fine tooth comb to eliminate future issues.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
That's too bad. My oil squirters broke on me as well and did the same thing. I plugged them when I did my last build, too many reputable sources said they were pointless.

Nick_C78

Nah, I don't have the ITR longblock yet.

Aussie, I am not sure why it made contact this time though. Same stroke, same pistons, same squirts... lol oh well though. My plans are to rebuild this motor on the side. Probably sleeve it for 84mm or something and just make it a tank with H beam rods and forged pistons. Maybe an e85 all motor. Hah if I have to build it again its gonna be a monster.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I saw someone run e85 at button they needed 10 5 gallon jugs to make it from stockton to button, track and go home.

thats weird how they just fell off like that man. You cant catch a break with this motor.

Nick_C78

You know whats funny, this is a completely different motor than what I started with. Second block, second head. Multiple rebuilds with each set up and cross set up. Finally get it good and smoke free and this shit happens.

R13

The other asshole
Shit that blows, I'm really not the only one who has catastrophic failures for little to no reason.

Nick_C78

Here are a few pictures of the newest block for the DC2:

It is a Sleeved B18C1 bored out to 84.5mm. Currently has Arias pistons on stock GSR rods, but I will likely be changing out the rods while I have the block out. It comes with a lot of fresh OEM goodies including the pulley. All machine work was done by RS Machine. The brand of the sleeves is unknown thus far.

It will be picked up some time this week and the finishing touches on the block should be done this week or next week.

Nick_C78

I didn't assemble this(But I will be taking it apart and reassembling it when I swap out rods). A friend of a friend was building it, but decided to buy a brand new porsche instead. The struggle right?