Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

That trans is insane. Climbs gears like a raped ape. Also to give you guys an idea of how usable every gear is now, 5th is at 4k rpm at 60 mph. So even 5th is usable and pulls. I can't wait to test it out at Spring Mountain this weekend.

Nick_C78

Yeah, something like that. I can't go 80 on the freeway without being in vtec now. Going to be a long way to vegas.

R13

The other asshole
Lol, That sounds awesome, Hell as a daily but that's what the LS is for.

Should be a good strength test on the motor taking it that far in those rpm ranges.

Sent from my toaster

Nick_C78

It is pretty fun. My day at spring mountain ended 3 laps in. Sprung an oil leak from under the car. Not sure where or why yet, because its all brand new gaskets, less than 4 months old... Time to inspect. Someone let me drive their bone stock ITR with jdm front though and it was fun as hell.

dlo253

Uh oh, that's never good. Hopefully you didn't get a chance to lose much oil... Ooh, that would be pretty fun. Lol.

Nick_C78

That's because it's also a country club I think. It is crazy nice though. I wish I could have spent more time on track.

Nick_C78

Here are some photos from this last weekend.

The second lap of my first session ended my day when I smelled oil burning and saw some slight smoke. I still amd not 100% sure where this leak came from, but we suspect oil pan gasket or rear main.

While inspecting the oil leak it was discovered that the alt belt is split down the middle as well. Not sure what caused this, maybe debris or faulty belt. It isn't too tight or anything like that so that is strange. The belt is also less than 4 months old.

I would like to thank my buddy Nathan for letting me take his car out on track for a session. It is a bone stock ITR with coilovers and JDM front. Everything else is as stock as it gets.

I felt kind of bad, because I practically killed his brakes. When I pulled it in there was smoke billowing from the wheels and under the hood. It was pretty bad, I thought something was on fire, but it was just the brake pads.

Spring Mountain is a very nice track. I would go back for sure. The configuration had a weird flow to it, but I would do it again. My hope is to have all of my issues sorted out so I can finally have a problem free track event. My clutch master cylinder seems to have died again as well. Going to try adjusting it and bleeding it again. After the issues are addressed I will be doing a few shakedowns at Adams to test things out so I am not wasting money of expensive track events.

Nick_C78

Got my oil pump and a few gaskets. Going to install soon and do a couple shake downs to make sure the leak is gone. Hoping its just oil pan and not rear main.