*anything goes* chat v3.0 bigger, badder and uncut

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Ominous G2 said:
Woot, then what?

Also this BOV is sexy, no diaphragm. Cant find them anywhere, dosent sound gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AQGo9zgGG8&mode=related&search=
I've been saying that I was done FOREVER. But the only reason I'm doing this is because of the GST and the head is already gonna be off. I do want a really good set off coilovers though. JIC then done. LOL! That is a nice BOV but I keep mine routed back into the intake. I really don't have to since I run DSMLink engine management, but why loose air that my turbo has already worked to compress. I see so many people who want to vent DSM BOV's to the air and let it run like shit just for the louder sound of the BOV. IDIOTS!!!

Function > Form

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
speedin said:
How much would you let the cams go for? (not like it matters, but im curious :lol: )
I haven't even thought about it yet. I just order the new ones yesterday and got on the waiting list. :evil:
I'm not sure what they even go for used. They are lightly used though, shit my car only has 47k original miles or so now. lol.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Ominous G2 said:
I got two arms and two legs, I will take one of each.
Speaking of arms and legs. Go price a complete Ferrea valvetrain and HKS 280's.....lol

do it right or do it twice though

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I'm not shooting for much more peak HP. Just a wider spread. 500 awhp and a strong torque (300+) curve from 4-9.5k rpm's

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I need to make a plate to mount my ignition shit onto, coil and ignition box. Going where my battery used to be. No ghetto fabbin either.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
What else is there to do but build the internals? I don't really want more power. Shit, I can already run consistent mid-low 11's and it's not even setup for straight line (and that was on a damp track). My internals have taken everything track event I've thrown at them so far (I don't drag much so it speaks volumes), so a better suspension and I'm done. I know of nothing else I really care to do.

Next would probably be sell the GST and buy another Teggy.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I know. I likes!!! Why do you think I am still here. lol. I just couldn't find an unmolested teg after my other one got smashed. I didn't really care for another DSM, if I wanted to drive an Eclipse I would pull the one out of the garage. I bought the G35 Sedan because I went back to work and it's hard to to do business, deal with clients and take them out in a car that has virtually no back seat. I could sell both and get a DB8. lol

I just feel cheated. I never got to bring my DC2 to its full potential. I did quite a bit though for only having it for 6 months or so. I will probably eventually sell the GST, keep the G and GSX and get another DC2. ITR or GSR, doesn't really matter as long as it is a stock, low mileage, unmolested car

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Good luck with that find, you might be able to find a Type-R with low miles Gsr is becoming harder to do.

What about an LS with a K20 swap?

speedin

The Transporter
Ominous G2 said:
Do that teggies are the hot shit.
Im looking at some local type-R's for sale, and OMG! Their soooo tempting. Ones a 2.3 stroker!!! But still the WRX is more bang for the buck, and the AWD im craving. I think I want a wagon bug-eye. I like the wagon WRX's.

After owning this car (granted it was beaten to shit and treated wrong before me) and talking with other DSMers, ill never own another Mitsubishi..... sorry. Love the brand and all it can do, but the VR4 guys and Eclipse people have shown me a glimpse of the Mitsubishi reliability. The blocks and internals are strong as hell (minus the walk block). But so many other gremlins exist in these cars. Its sad. Yea, all cars have their things. But I hear of so many more Mitsu people saying "yea, died again. So im in my DD." Hell, if I had some spare cash to build a strict race car a 1G GSX would be the car. You cant get a cheaper faster car. But for a DD (expecially a used one, and with these cars age thats about how it is) its not the answer.

Their are quite a few local VR4's that always tempt me (Always loved the look, id convert mine to the newest style)

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If I was going to go that route I would do it myself. I don't want a car that has been modified by previous owners. Think about it.......if you had a car that was about to sell to someone you didn't know, would you not have your fun with it first? I just don't buy modified cars. Most people who upgrade them want to see what kind of difference they've made. Actually, my GSR had alot of miles but it was bone stock, immaculate.......nothing had ever been replaced accept the timing belt. Shit, it had over 100k miles with the factory clutch and beautiful compression test numbers. Of coure the lady I bought it from lived in Galveston and worked in Houston. She drove like 180 miles round trip to work for 10 years straight and was the original owner. I will buy a car with higher mileage as long as it's the right one

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
speedin said:
Im looking at some local type-R's for sale, and OMG! Their soooo tempting. Ones a 2.3 stroker!!! But still the WRX is more bang for the buck, and the AWD im craving. I think I want a wagon bug-eye. I like the wagon WRX's.
I had a friend that bought an '02 WRX Wagon brand new. It was SWEET! Black on solid black wheels. My favorite memory was seeing the look on the guys face driving a Trans Am WS6 when he got smoked by a wagon with 4 people in it and 2 bikes on a rack on the back. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.