*anything goes* chat v3.0 bigger, badder and uncut

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Shit. It's raining and I don't even know if I put my car in the garage last night, if the sunroof is open or what. I barely even remember what car i drove last night :alcoholic:

2 of my friends talk me into go to the BOYB butt naked club last night. 2 bottles of Jagermeister, 18 Budweisers and 24 Dos Equis later....and I feel like SHIT

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
I thought you were selling it? Why even bother
Well im tring to get rid of most the after market parts. But the power parts are still their. And after fixing a leak I had before the cat my car is SLOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW. I mean before it could leak out before the cat. Now its forced through. I can feel the car being held back. If I sell the Thurmal for $300+ thats more than enough for a cutout so I can still have fun. Not to mention when the person buys it I can show them just what it can do. Put it this way, a V8 jeep could beat me right now

But mainly, I have ebay gift cards and no use for them

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Ah, do it then. Those people are dumb or just didn't read. What would be the point of a 3" cutout on the small stock downpipe. Put it as far away from the turbo as possible though

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
Ah, do it then. Those people are dumb or just didn't read. What would be the point of a 3" cutout on the small stock downpipe.
Yea, but dont you agree with my idea on the 3in TBE?

A 3in TBE has to start at 2in at the O2, then open. RRE even feels 2.5 is efficent till the flex section.

So if I have a 2in cutout close to the O2 my flow will be very close to a 3in TBE. Possible more due to no bends or mufflers/resonators

Now why do you think away from the turbo??

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Putting it further away from the turbo will make it easier on you since you have a MBC. Probably get alittle boost spike or creep right if you put it right at the turbo. I would put it right before the cat if I was to do it. Plus I wouldn't want all that exhaust heat that close to the engine bay. Plus DSM's are tuned pretty rich from the factory which could spit some flames. All that heat from the turbo keeps the exhaust gases expanding even after they go through it. That's why big ass exhaust works so well on them. My 3" TBE w/o a cat made around 30 whp without changing anything else

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
Putting it further away from the turbo will make it easier on you since you have a MBC. Probably get alittle boost spike or creep right if you put it right at the turbo. I would put it right before the cat if I was to do it. Plus I wouldn't want all that exhaust heat that close to the engine bay
I was thinking right before the flex. The less length the gas has to move through 2in piping the better. As for creep, well I do have the enlarged flapper. Never really had upper RPM creep (even the night I unbolted the DP) and thats EXTREMELY close to the turbo. But yea no upper RPM creep their. Now my spike was close to the same (I usually get about a 3psi spike). But of course with no DP it was around 5-6psi spike, but still the car hit no walls (fuel cut).

On another note. Do we have stock rev limiters?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Hmm. I don't even remember where the stock flex is. Isn't it up top right after the turbo?

Yeah, the stock rev limiter (fuel cut) is like 7500 i think. I don't take my GST that far and the GSX goes up 8k

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
Hmm. I don't even remember where the stock flex is. Isn't it up top right after the turbo?

Yeah, the stock rev limiter is like 7300 i think. I don't hit it in my GST and the GSX goes up 8k if necessary
Flex is right after the 1st bend. SEE

That one is custom. But yea id do the cutout ON the bend. So it can flow through the cutout to the grond and never make the bend when open.

Well I dont have one :oops:. Went REALLY high (8-8.5k maybe). Luckly nothing happened. I dunno what I was thinking, but lost thought I guess?? Man does it REALLY gain RPM quick up top. 1st owner must have gotten rid of it?

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
speedin said:
That one is custom. But yea id do the cutout ON the bend. So it can flow through the cutout to the grond and never make the bend when open.

Well I dont have one :oops:. Went REALLY high (8-8.5k maybe). Luckly nothing happened. 1st owner must have gotten rid of it?
It's pretty easy to remove the factory fuel cut and speed limiter so thats a possibility. But some cars didn't even have a speed limiter. I don't think any of the 2G GSX's did because they came with better tires

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
It's pretty easy to remove the factory fuel cut and speed limiter so thats a possibility. But some cars didn't even have a speed limiter. I don't think any of the 2G GSX's did because they came with better tires
That kinda sucks. Its nice to know the comp is their to catch my fuckups. OHHH hopefully he got rid of the speed limiter too then!! Just need a road to test :( "Officer I had to see if I had a speed limiter or not." But yea time to go to sleep and think of what to buy after the DSM.

1: Get a nice BMW 5 series manual as a cruiser. (older style, DUHH :lol: )
2: FD RX7 and hope for the 13B to be nice till I can get a LS1 in her.
3: Non turbo Supra then get the 5K turbo for it and throw down 600whp (Its accually a full kit, and for 5k it does throw down 600whp on a non turbo :shock: )
4: Cheap teg and a 600 bike to kill myself on
5: WRX (bugeye)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
1: Get a nice BMW 5 series manual as a cruiser. (older style, DUHH :lol: ) = :???: M3 > 5
2: FD RX7 and hope for the 13B to be nice till I can get a LS1 in her. = 13B, be nice :lol:
3: Non turbo Supra then get the 5K turbo for it and throw down 600whp = wouldn't waste my time unless its a 2JZ-GTE
4: Cheap teg and a 600 bike to kill myself on = eh
5: WRX (bugeye) = :thumbs up better than the other ideas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.