Type s or type r

Cripton805

not sure how you would exactly add on everything besides the front strut bar, rear strut bar, strong bar, tie bar and the subframe (if you wanted to weld one on) besides that i dont see how a typical person could replicate one, if thats what you were implying
I've actually seen one :shock:
From seats and everything (Except RHD because it had a JDM front)

I guess they can benefit at the track.
I'm implying that it can actually be done if they really wanted to.

sainthavok

私は自分のホンダを愛して
honest opinion buy an RS integra (lightest Integra) and build that if your goal is to race

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I've actually seen one :shock:
From seats and everything (Except RHD because it had a JDM front)

I guess they can benefit at the track.
I'm implying that it can actually be done if they really wanted to.
it was most likely a "replica" a rs with a wing, 5 lug etc but not the bigger wheel arches. Unless it was a Type R shell no one can do that.

dieonne97

There actually a bunch of type r clones all over houston it's the reason I never wanted to do the front conversion then I'd look like everyone lol Just the other day I saw soeone driving a yellow one had the integra type r decals and everything. So yea people do it but IMO its too much work to only at the end of the day still be a clone.

01FTW

The Type-S and the Type-R are very similar in performance, power, etc.

The Type-S can usually be found for a little cheaper than the R due to how rare the Type R is.

Type-R Integras are stolen ...A LOT--as all Integras are, but especially the Type-R. The only way I'd ever own one is if I had a garage to keep it in, and I would only take it out on the weekends for cruises. Type-S RSXs are stolen semi-frequently, but not as much as the Rs.

With the Type-S there is a 30% chance of the transmission syncros being f***ed or about to go out.

Good thing about the type-S is that stock to stock they're certainly quicker than GS-Rs. When you biuld them they're pretty nasty.

Comfort level is much higher in the Type-S than the Type-R, but then again the Type-R isnt suppose to be comfortable, it was strictly designed for performance.

Looks-wise I'd say they are both equally attractive, IMO.

Get the Type-S.

ACJett

Enthusiast
I have one of both, an 04 RSX-S and a 2000 Integra Type R. Feel free to ask me any specific opinion or experience questions you like.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
if you want a project car then get a ls and boost it, don't waste a type r on a drag build.

I personally don't see anything wrong with modding a type R as long as you do it right and at least road race it like it was made for.

ACJett

Enthusiast
nah man, just in my 30s and been around long enough to pay off one car and afford the other when I found it a few years ago. But thanks though :) :lol:

purpl3ran93r

Why wouldnt you mod a type r? Im lookin to build a sleeper. Look like average car until I drop my foot and double clutch a quarter mile. I'm aiming for a ten second car( I know five grand won't get me that, it's just the starting point).
uhhhh :2confused

I would just recomend a Type-S becuase basically two things Type-S's arent really stollen as OFTEN as the DC2 counterpart so lets say you drop 5k into your the Type-R then the next day its gone then a total waste but with an RSX the chances of that happening are alot less & 2 5k can you pretty far with an RSX becuase I heard that they respond well to an I/H/E setup and then the rest for K-Pro and all that jazz
and if you care about this, alot of girls especially asian girl really like Type-S's

natron84

uhhhh :2confused

I would just recomend a Type-S becuase basically two things Type-S's arent really stollen as OFTEN as the DC2 counterpart so lets say you drop 5k into your the Type-R then the next day its gone then a total waste but with an RSX the chances of that happening are alot less & 2 5k can you pretty far with an RSX becuase I heard that they respond well to an I/H/E setup and then the rest for K-Pro and all that jazz
and if you care about this, alot of girls especially asian girl really like Type-S's
dude this thread is so old. I think he may have made his decision already.:lol: