It's not a teg, but still awesome!

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
So another car ive always wanted fell into my lap and for $250 i just couldnt pass it up..

1985 Toyota Mr2:

And this is what i found when i cracked it open.

this car has 126,446 original miles, the picture is kind of blurry but the only thing not minty in the interior is the shift boot. and from what ive been told the original owner blew a headgasket and just parked it (which seems legit). so far the best date i can say is the tags expired in 01 so this thing has been sitting for a good decade.

and i think it's safe to say that this 4A-GE has never been cracked open before. looks like everything minus plugs and wires are original.

Last edited:

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
Not really weak, just the old C-52 trans has an issue of popping out of 5th on occasion. thats why a C-60 should be making it's way in. ;)

mirrorimg

That paint certainly shows its been sitting around for that long.

Good luck with the new project, I wanted one of these when i was in highschool.

FMelo718

niceeee! sweet ass deal too. my brother had an ae86 cleannn as hellllllll. I drooled everytime i saw it:drool: 100% rice free

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
That paint certainly shows its been sitting around for that long.

Good luck with the new project, I wanted one of these when i was in highschool.
thank you, yea ive been wanting one for a long time so when i heard about this i had to jump on it.

niceeee! sweet ass deal too. my brother had an ae86 cleannn as hellllllll. I drooled everytime i saw it:drool: 100% rice free
yea, im a sucker for old school toyota.

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
yea, but they HAVE to be done right or else it looks like a joke.
stock all the way ;) ive already got the full leather interior lined up for it (hopefully this weekend) im doing the 87-89 lip kit, side vent/scoop, and tails. the only aftermarket with the body is going to be flares, a drop, and +0 offset.

Nice catch and Well I have a 88 celica sitting here if ya want as well lol
lol i actually just got my buddy a 90 celica with a jdm 5afe with 90k for 500 and all it needed was a wheel hub and axle. and also got him a gts front end with the monstrous awesome factory 'rally' fogs for 75

+1 i need another one lol

What are all those bits in the dead space between the cams?
thats 10yrs worth of engine sludge and rust.

nice project
thanks.