what motor do i have...NOOB

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Why does that engine stamp look like its been grinded on? Does anyone else see what i am talking about? Also the "vin" on his engine block seems awfully short, like its missing a number or 2, not the engine code but the numbers below it.

Look at this picture then look at the one he posted and tell me if you see a difference (not that its a zc either lol). Look at the lower right hand corner, how its nice and square, but the OP's is angled off likes its been grinded on.

OP's

Last edited:

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Why does that engine stamp look like its been grinded on? Does anyone else see what i am talking about? Also the "vin" on his engine block seems awfully short, like its missing a number or 2, not the engine code but the numbers below it.

Look at this picture then look at the one he posted and tell me if you see a difference (not that its a zc either lol). Look at the lower right hand corner, how its nice and square, but the OP's is angled off likes its been grinded on.

Look at the bottom right corner of his, looks almost like a piece is chipped off?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
i added the op's pic to my post, now re-look, not only is the corner chipped/grinded on whatever, but the width is much smaller. Also notice that the right hand side isn't a straight line, but more wavy looking. Like i also said, the serial number below the engine code on the OP's motor seems to be a few numbers short, hard to tell from the pic he posted

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
It looks like at least part of the right hand side is sheared off I'd say, hard to say without a higher res pic.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Exactly, so I would venture to guess that someone possibly shaved off the rest of the B to make it look like a R or a P.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Either that or an incredibly sloppy job working on the engine led to that..we'll see when he get's better pics up..odd though, It's an odd spot to shear JUST that.

Coney

Spacely
that is quite odd. a bigger higher resolution would help but it look like the right side is all messed up. B18B

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Idk what kinda sloppy mechanics would lead to half an engine block stamp being shaved off outside of a grinding tool of some sorts lol.

98sierra

my buddy came over who knows a good bit about tuner cars and has been around them alot, he said it deffinatley been altered.. said it might be an attempt to hide a stolen motor..idk it was in there when i got it so i have no idea

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Exactly what I was trying to get at without coming out and saying "oh hey man, I think you have a stolen engine in your car", didn't wanna get you all upset again.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Are there vin plates attached to it?
Only obd2 motors have the vin plate on the bottom of them and my jdm b20 (obd2) didn't come with one...so it might just be an USDM obd2 thing. The "serial number" under the block stamp isn't traceable either unless the owner that had motor stolen has it written down somewhere (like I do lol).

mirrorimg

This is the problem with your picture.
File Size: 5 kb - 149 x 112

You uploaded it as a small picture, you cant blow it up without losing a lot of the definition.