Ls/Vtec or GSR

Greenbling

There is nothing wrong with stock sleeves for a N/A build
I never said there was. My mention of upgraded sleeves was for the turbo option.

Why, I have never seen any evidence of how using a block guard has helped protect a motor or extend its life.
OK well I have. Not "block guard" per say. But Upgraded sleeves.

My brother pushed 15 lbs producing 274 whp. And he cracked a sleeve the first time he took it out. over $4000 down the drain.

Next build using a Darton Sleeved block. pushing 16-19lbs 370 and it runs like a charm. No problems so far. And he's not afraid to beat on it. No over heating problems yet.

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I never said there was. My mention of upgraded sleeves was for the turbo option.

OK well I have. Not "block guard" per say. But Upgraded sleeves.

My brother pushed 15 lbs producing 274 whp. And he cracked a sleeve the first time he took it out. over $4000 down the drain.

Next build using a Darton Sleeved block. pushing 16-19lbs 370 and it runs like a charm. No problems so far. And he's not afraid to beat on it. No over heating problems yet.

I SAID BLOCK GUARD NOT IRON SLEEVES

Greenbling

I fixed post number 58 for you. Since my using of the incorrect term was bothering you sooo much

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I fixed post number 58 for you. Since my using of the incorrect term was bothering you sooo much
Look I understand that your freind had a bad experience, but once again i've seen plenty of ls-t builds over 300hp without sleeves that have been running for a long time. My guess is that car wasn't tuned right or their was something wrong with the motor to begin with.

Winki

Undercover mod
4000$ for a motor that only made 274 on 15psi:???: sounds like something else was wrong