Ls/Vtec or GSR

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You have to kill me to get it. My family also has orders to finish it if I die. If you try to get it, pwned in the face with a moltov.

jdm jon

i say gsr w/ b16 tranny...thats such a lethal weapon..believe me, i know from personal experience
spoke the truth. my baby's capable of some lethal pulls.....though my gas milage isnt the best, its so worth it.

Last edited:

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
so do that!! lol

Just don't beat on it daily and your car will last.
That's almost impossible for me to do lol. That's why I was thinking about a GSR swap because they're more reliable.

Greenbling

Yeah GSR tranny ftw!!!

hmotorsonline has the GSR that i have for $2600 and that includes the transmission. So, if you could get it without the tranny, and sell the b16 head... that is a nice situation right there. 2k for a GSR swap (with >40k miles on it) with 180 bhp. This is most likely your most reliable option. If you keep reg maintenance you can maybe expect 150k out of this option.

If you LSVTEC don't half ass it. make sure to upgrade your rods and pistons, and get it tuned. If it were me I would bore it out while i was at it. (but i would also look into sleeving the block)
There is possibility for more power then the GSR swap with this choice. But if not done right, and you skimp on something, reliability could suffer. either way you probably wont get 150k miles out of this motor. But, 200+ hp is possible.

If you LS T don't half ass it. Upgrade your rods and pistons first AND TUNE IT!!!!. If you plan on going over 250 hp sleeve the block.
This will get you the most power. But you can spend the most achieving it. My brothers Teg hit 370 whp recently. BUT he spent over 35,000 to finally get there. Before you consider boosting without upgrading the rods, or sleeving the block... talk to him. Ask him about the OH Spring integra meet of 06. The limits to the power with this choice just depend on your wallet. Doing it right can make it last much much longer... but either way I doubt you will see 150k out of this motor regardless.

So what are your priorities??
what are you looking for?
do you want insane power? money is less of an issue..
Do you want really nice power on a budget?
Or do you want a strong motor that can compete, but still last for another 10 years?

Last edited:

Greenbling

Why put all this passion and dedication into this car, this setup... if you don't plan on using it. Build it right. Trust me you wont be able to drive it with the thought... i will just take it easy on it.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
For the record, our blocks come stock with sleeves... I think you're talking about block guards.