Ls/Vtec or GSR

Greenbling

no for the record i was referring to upgraded sleeves something like Darton Sleeves.
but yeah you got the right idea.

Last edited:

Greenbling

lol... no just saying upgrade the sleeves. Don't run on just stock sleeves.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User

I think that'd be fine.. as long as you don't put anything in your coolant to clog it there shouldn't be a problem with it IMO.

I think I'm going to run one...

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
:what:

never heard any problems, but i guess I haven't really looked.. lol, I'm doing it anyways. If I have problems.... I guess I can build a new bottom end then. lol

Greenbling

If you dont plan to use some sort of upgraded sleeve... i wouldn't recommend the LS-T choice for over 250 whp

Last edited:

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White

never heard any problems, but i guess I haven't really looked.. lol, I'm doing it anyways. If I have problems.... I guess I can build a new bottom end then. lol
Lol yea I was going to run it to then I started researching it.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
lol... no just saying upgrade the sleeves. Don't run on just stock sleeves.
There is nothing wrong with stock sleeves for a N/A build
Because it restricts the flow of anti-freeze to the block and causes the motor to over heat.
Correct, that is one reason.

I think that'd be fine.. as long as you don't put anything in your coolant to clog it there shouldn't be a problem with it IMO.

I think I'm going to run one...
I wouldn't run one, i've not really seen any advantages to using one. People claim you can run more boost but once again i've not been satisfied with the results. You can run over 400hp on a stock block, don't fuck it up with a chintzy block guard.

That's a waist

If you dont plan to use some sort of block guard ... i wouldn't recommend the LS-T choice
Why, I have never seen any evidence of how using a block guard has helped protect a motor or extend its life.