Quiet Muffler choices? please help..

98_gsr

btw resonaters also help eliminate that "bees in a can" exhaust sound. The ExMag is going to be very hard to come by just so you know because they are discontinued. Another exhaust that flows great that keeps it under 95db throughout the powerband is the tanabe ultra medallion.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
ITR muffler or full cat-back FTW! Or for other cat-back choices, you can get the A'PEXi WS2 or the RS-R ExMag.
RS*R Exmag ftw!! but GL finding one, pretty much they are sold out everywhere! Both styles of the Exmag, the black version or the stainless steal one! I bought mine used when everyone thought they were stop making Exmag's for good, I paid a pretty penny for mine.. $500, but it was worth it! I <3 mine, best investment!

EXmag sound Clip

My buddy has has the Apexi WS2 exhaust, cuz he cant find the exmag.. but it sounds sounds very similar! I would go w/ the WS2 unless you find a exmag! GL

Forgot to mention I know a sit that sales just the RS*R muffler, I believe for 150, than custom tubing 2.25 of course , depending where you live but it would cost me $300 and that's w/o the 2.25catco cat. I found it after I bought my exmag... saved it just incase, someone steals my muffler!

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
What size piping is the kteller kit? If its too large that might be an issue with using an ITR muffler. I would definelty add a resonator.

heykosal

Angkorian
will the ITR muffler bolt-up to Apexi 2.36in b-pipe? Cause someone stole the axle back section and i need a new quiet one until i need 3inches.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
Did you have to get custom piping for your ExMag?
the exmag i got for the friend was only the axle-back portion. it bolted up to the b pipping, sorta... i had to buy some bolts because the stock ones weren't working cause of that spring and watnot. eventually i plan on doing the custom pipping once i decide to buy another header and cat so i can do everything at once.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
the exmag i got for the friend was only the axle-back portion. it bolted up to the b pipping, sorta... i had to buy some bolts because the stock ones weren't working cause of that spring and watnot. eventually i plan on doing the custom pipping once i decide to buy another header and cat so i can do everything at once.
Ah I see... Thanks. Can't wait til I get my WS2!

Last edited:

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
your going to love the W2, my buddy has it on his green dc2 gsr, it sounds great BUT exmag sounds like a m3, I <3 it! Posat pics when you put on your exhaust!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
your going to love the W2, my buddy has it on his green dc2 gsr, it sounds great BUT exmag sounds like a m3, I <3 it! Posat pics when you put on your exhaust!
I had a WS2 on my CB7. It sounded nice. I've also heard the ExMag inside and outside of a Teg. Really can't tell the difference.

Look for Dyno max super turbo mufflers. There a performance and no sound. The best of both worlds. You will here the intake more than the exhust.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Magnaflow makes nice mufflers, give you a more aggresive tone but not really that loud.