More power for my 94 LS

jason.az1

I'm lost!
Intake and a header are easy to so install. I wouldn't bother with paying someone to do it.
no i mean to install a TB, IM is it has easy to install has a intake/header
or is a IM,TB hard to install and should i take it to a shop?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It is harder than a intake and header but I still would do it myself. Of course I refuse to pay anyone do something that I could just as well do myself. Seems like a waste of money. Factory Service Manuals are your friends.

jason.az1

I'm lost!
It is harder than a intake and header but I still would do it myself. Of course I refuse to pay anyone do something that I could just as well do myself. Seems like a waste of money. Factory Service Manuals are your friends.
thx and I dont have a Factory Service Manual
Well I would rather do it myself or have help doing it
but if I know I cant do something Ill pay for it to get done right,
Im still learning how to do stuff but it doesnt seem to hard.

also for the TB is 68mm to big? also will the cai still fit in it?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
68mm is too big for your current setup. If your motor was more built like with cams and pistons, then it would be fine.

jason.az1

I'm lost!
by just looking at it it seems like I just take off all the bolts, hoses cables and
fualrail, injectors etc.. and it should come off right?

then just place the skunk2 parts back on and put the bolts, hoses cables and
fualrail, injectors etc.. back on where I took them off right? also do I need to buy anything else
to finish this it?

Last edited:

jason.az1

I'm lost!
68mm is too big for your current setup. If your motor was more built like with cams and pistons, then it would be fine.
I plan on doing cams,valve springs,retainers but not sure about pistons
now if i installed the 68 will it do more harm then good until i get the cams?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I plan on doing cams,valve springs,retainers but not sure about pistons
now if i installed the 68 will it do more harm then good until i get the cams?
You should be fine. Did you already buy the TB?

jason.az1

I'm lost!
You should be fine. Did you already buy the TB?
no i havent bought anything yet but im selling some of my system tonight
Link

and want to buy some parts saturday or monday or should I use that money and buy something else for the car? I figure the IM,TB would be only thing I could install for performance that Ill notice a change in the car heres a list of stuff I can get
FUJITA CAI-$125.00
skunk2 coil-overs- sleeve overs 220.00 full 525.00
Skunk2 camber kit
front
516-05-0670 $140.00
516-05-5670 $160.00
516-05-5675 $180.00
rear
516-05-0500 $135.00
Skunk2 Pro Series intake manifold $200.00
Skunk2 Pro Series cam gears $180.00
SKunk2 Pro Series valve springs $180.00
Skunk2 Pro series titanium retainers $140.00
Skunk2 68mm throttle body $210.00
Skunk2 short shifter-628-05-0900 $90.00
skunk2 knob 627-05-0080 $30.00
skunk2 STRUT BAR'S $110.00
skunk2 TIE BAR $90.00

or is there anything else I can buy that Im missing that will make my car a little quicker or something??

jason.az1

I'm lost!
because Im going to buy the skunk2 IM,TB
should i look into a AEM High Volume Fuel Rail?
someone told me they help out alot he had a gsr tho is that true or ???

also i have a chance on buying AEM Tru-Power Pulleys for 100 bucks is that a good deal anddo they do anything or help out?? how hard is it to install?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Fuel rail won't do shit, stock fuel rail flows fine, that's strictly cosmetic. 68mm TB is way to big, your not going to gain any power and you'll lose a ton of throttle response. Why don't you take the money you would spend on that intake, tb, and fuel rail that won't do shit and buy some cams and an exhaust.

jason.az1

I'm lost!
Fuel rail won't do shit, stock fuel rail flows fine, that's strictly cosmetic. 68mm TB is way to big, your not going to gain any power and you'll lose a ton of throttle response. Why don't you take the money you would spend on that intake, tb, and fuel rail that won't do shit and buy some cams and an exhaust.
I have a exhaust and well cams I want to but I have no clue how to install cams,valvesprings/retainers and it will cost 350 to install and 450 to tune where i figure the IM,TB will give me a little extra power until i do cams down the line
so instead of 410 itll be 1440 so.... I only have about 500 to play with

mteg

Automatic Lover
I would definatly have the cams profesionaly installed and tuned. What stage are you going? Stage 1 you should be fine with the stock valve springs/retainers. If you get cams, you need cam gears too. Skip the tb and im for now. Go with some crower stage 1's, cam gears, and pick up that aem pulley set.

jason.az1

I'm lost!
I would definatly have the cams profesionaly installed and tuned. What stage are you going? Stage 1 you should be fine with the stock valve springs/retainers. If you get cams, you need cam gears too. Skip the tb and im for now. Go with some crower stage 1's, cam gears, and pick up that aem pulley set.
I plan on getting the
brain crower stage2 cams-$320
Skunk2 Pro Series cam gears $180.00
SKunk2 Pro Series valve springs $180.00
Skunk2 Pro series titanium retainers $140.00
then I should get the pulley kit? what does that act' do?