Is the Type R worth it?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well its going to be for a DD so whats like a good quality that will hold up to a DD? I want power but not at a loss of quality and durability..
For Vtec Rocket Motorsports M24x cams will net the most horsepower out of any other cam on the market, including Jun 3s. For a turbo LS Rockets L21 cams are the shit.

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
You Wont Make 250 Unless You Stroke And Bore It . I Have A Fully Built Ls/vtec fully Built And I Only Made 190 Whp And 140lbs So Have Fun With That It Wont Last Long

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
one thing, just because your fully built doesn't mean anything really... Not all fully built engines put out the same hp. Its not just about the parts, its also about how its tuned. So just because you only got 190 whp out of your fully built motor doesn't by any means mean that someone else can't get more.

2_Liter_Turbo

You Wont Make 250 Unless You Stroke And Bore It . I Have A Fully Built Ls/vtec fully Built And I Only Made 190 Whp And 140lbs So Have Fun With That It Wont Last Long
250whp is within reach for an N/A B18CR in my opinion. Just throwing parts at a motor means nothing, it's all about execution and tuning.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You Wont Make 250 Unless You Stroke And Bore It . I Have A Fully Built Ls/vtec fully Built] And I Only Made 190 Whp And 140lbs So Have Fun With That It Wont Last Long
Yea man I don't know what you have done, but my B17 will make over 220whp when i'm done with it and it's pretty mild in my opinion. With a b18c it will take some work but 250 is not unacheivable, it might not be as streetable as you would like but it shouldn't be bad. You really don't even need to stroke it, a simple 84mm bore will be plenty. Then horsepower will come from the head and cams, that's always what makes a motor, head and cams and then tuning of course. Shit my B17 before with 11.5:1cr, stock stroke and bore, with some good headwork and tuning made more than 190whp.

Last edited:

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
250whp is within reach for an N/A B18CR in my opinion. Just throwing parts at a motor means nothing, it's all about execution and tuning.
my tune was done by one of the best honda tuners in florida i still have stock bore and stoke no port and polish

but my head is done with stage 2 cams dual valve springs and retainers high compression valves type r lost motion device skunk 2 intake manifold 5 way adjustable cam gears and the block is built as well just no block gaurd so and every one else with the same setup that got tuned by phearable.net is making the same numbers so unless you dont want it to be super reliable then go for it but with the power i am making is very respectable 8.8 in 1/8th and a 13.5 in a 1/4 on street tires is pretty damn good to me so. ya well all wana break 10s but most of us dont have the money for it but if you can make 250 congrats but i have been in it for a while and never seen a b18c1 make that on a daily driven car that will last longer than 12000 miles so unless it was turbo and had nitrous

2_Liter_Turbo

my tune was done by one of the best honda tuners in florida i still have stock bore and stoke no port and polish

but my head is done with stage 2 cams dual valve springs and retainers high compression valves type r lost motion device skunk 2 intake manifold 5 way adjustable cam gears and the block is built as well just no block gaurd so and every one else with the same setup that got tuned by phearable.net is making the same numbers so unless you dont want it to be super reliable then go for it but with the power i am making is very respectable 8.8 in 1/8th and a 13.5 in a 1/4 on street tires is pretty damn good to me so. ya well all wana break 10s but most of us dont have the money for it but if you can make 250 congrats but i have been in it for a while and never seen a b18c1 make that on a daily driven car that will last longer than 12000 miles so unless it was turbo and had nitrous
Well, I'd like to give it a shot so I could see If I could, however, my money is being dumped in Nissan :twisted: lol Maybe next year, I'll give the integra a stab.... 8)

You see, I'm a Nissan guy mostly (used to be into Honda's back in the day), and I know that Honda motors have a better volumetric efficiency rating than the typical Nissan engine, and on a KA24DE (comes in the 240SX, Altima, etc) can get upward around 350 whp on a fully built race engine, but 225whp is fairly easy and inexpensive to do (this is all N/A.... I've seen Turbo KA's get close to 800whp). So I don't see why one of Honda's more efficient engines can't get to 250whp N/A. That's my reasoning.... 8)

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
Well, I'd like to give it a shot so I could see If I could, however, my money is being dumped in Nissan :twisted: lol Maybe next year, I'll give the integra a stab.... 8)

You see, I'm a Nissan guy mostly (used to be into Honda's back in the day), and I know that Honda motors have a better volumetric efficiency rating than the typical Nissan engine, and on a KA24DE (comes in the 240SX, Altima, etc) can get upward around 350 whp on a fully built race engine, but 225whp is fairly easy and inexpensive to do (this is all N/A.... I've seen Turbo KA's get close to 800whp). So I don't see why one of Honda's more efficient engines can't get to 250whp N/A. That's my reasoning.... 8)
well i want to shake your hand if you do i not trying to dis on you just that i have never seen it unless it was a dart block and head made for racing

2_Liter_Turbo

well i want to shake your hand if you do i not trying to dis on you just that i have never seen it unless it was a dart block and head made for racing
No problem man, lol 8) I could totally be wrong, and if so, oh well :lol: And if I do, well that's one hell of a plane trip to shake hands! haha :lol:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom

Listen man, i'm not downing your setup and i'm glad your satisfied with it but I don't know where you've been looking if you haven't seen higher horsepower numbers. 200hp is easily acheived from a b16 let alone a b18c. I mean from what you say you have done with your motors, your horsepower numbers seem correct, but to say that having more hp is going to make it unreliable sounds like an uneducated statement. Just because you have more horsepower doesn't mean it's less reliable. Like I said with the right headwork and cams it's definetly possible. No one was trying to run 10's so no need to be a smart about things but trust me once again 250 is not unatainable, expensive maybe, that depends on what you consider expensive, but I can build a 250whp gsr motor right now and have it running for at least 100k miles.

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
Listen man, i'm not downing your setup and i'm glad your satisfied with it but I don't know where you've been looking if you haven't seen higher horsepower numbers. 200hp is easily acheived from a b16 let alone a b18c. I mean from what you say you have done with your motors, your horsepower numbers seem correct, but to say that having more hp is going to make it unreliable sounds like an uneducated statement. Just because you have more horsepower doesn't mean it's less reliable. Like I said with the right headwork and cams it's definetly possible. No one was trying to run 10's so no need to be a smart about things but trust me once again 250 is not unatainable, expensive maybe, that depends on what you consider expensive, but I can build a 250whp gsr motor right now and have it running for at least 100k miles.
well maybe i am wrong just going of of what i have talk to the local tuners.
aussie ae you going to import face off if so meet up with us in nicevilee

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
well maybe i am wrong just going of of what i have talk to the local tuners.
aussie ae you going to import face off if so meet up with us in nicevilee
Don't get me wrong 200hp with these is alot and after 220 it's like hitting a wall, but it's possible to acheive higher numbers reliably just costs more money. I didn't even know about the import face off, you should start a thread in the events section, i'm intrested, do you have directions.