What octane you use?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
what octane u use on ur teg?? i jus wanna to know.. well i wanan to keep it in perfect condition.. you can see that i really want to take care of my baby teg
The bigest thing is not really what octane, well you give it what it needs like stated, but it's where you get your gas from, go to reputable places like exxon, bp, cheveron, shell, sunoco. Stay away from those noname gas places just because they might be selling for a few sense cheaper. Also stay away from Citgo, fuck Chavez I totally boycoted his gas.:lol:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
91- WIsh I could use 87. SoCal gas prices are killer...

98PAITR

93 plus I add an additive that bumps it to 100. It's called aces additive, i won a bottle at a local show and it works pretty good so I use it when I fill up, which is around once a month or even longer in my itr.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The bigest thing is not really what octane, well you give it what it needs like stated, but it's where you get your gas from, go to reputable places like exxon, bp, cheveron, shell, sunoco. Stay away from those noname gas places just because they might be selling for a few sense cheaper. Also stay away from Citgo, fuck Chavez I totally boycoted his gas.:lol:
TOP TIER level gas is the highest standard for gasoline performance set forth by six top automakers. Honda, Toyota, Bimmer, GM, VW and Audi joined to raise the standards on the EPA minimum detergent requirements. Minimum detergent and quality standard were set '95 i think by the EPA and most fuel manufacturers realized they could get away with greatly reducing the quality of gas to barely meet the new standards back then. These automakers are getting many fuel manufacturers to step up their game and conform to the new higher standards that they set out. The object of this is obviously to bring the quality of gas back up and help people avoid shit gas. Only ones proven to conform are listed as Top Tier Gasoline:

QuikTrip
Chevron
Conoco
Phillips
Shell
Entec Stations
MFA Oil Company
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Chevron-Canada
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Company
Texaco

All of these reasons make it obvious why I use Shell 94 octane

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
shell is the most expensive shit... just for that "v-power" i jus stick to the chevron

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Unocal and 76 are the reasons Cali is stuck with 91 octane pee water. I wouldn't buy from them just to spite them since they screwed all of ya'll. But they are still the only ones that you can buy 100 octane from over there

DailyDB8: That's wierd. The Shell by my house sells 94 instead of 93 and it is still usually one of the cheaper places to fill up around here

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
QuikTrip
Chevron
Conoco
Phillips
Shell
Entec Stations
MFA Oil Company
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Chevron-Canada
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Company
Texaco
The only ones of all those in N.H is Shell and Texaco, and Texaco's are hard to find. Exxon/Mobil not on the list! I thought they were upper level. We are saturated with Irving and Hess stations around here. Plenty of Exxon's and Mobil's too. And a sprinkling of Citgo, Sunoco, Shell, and Gulf. The Shell stations are really nice around here.
Maybe I'll start biting the bullet and treat my car's to more Shell.

And Aussie you are the man, fuck Hugo Chavez. I don't buy Citgo either.

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Shell bought out almost every Texaco around here. So now there is an intersection at the freeway about 5 miles from my house that has a Shell station on 3 of the 4 corners. Can we say monopoly. LOL

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yeah, that's what happened to the big Texaco station that was in Concord. That Texaco was there for as long as I can remember, probably longer, lol. It got torn down and now there's a sweet Shell station there. There's a few nice Shell's around Concord, but there not in very convenient locations around the city so I rarely even have a chance to pull into one, there usually out of my way, except for that one where the Texaco used to be. But there all nice new stations.