What octane you use?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Shell or any of those stations on that list. I'm gonna buy more Shell, because Shell is the only station on that list that exists around me.

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID
ahh i seee!! its very interestingg about octane in cali. i never know about that situation. the octane stardard in georgia is 87. There too many gas station on roosevelt hwy nearby my home.. mostly i go to shell and quiktrip.. I guess i m still stick with 87 till i get myself TYPE R motor then i ill pick different one. yo yall, THANKS FOR EDUCATE ME ABOUT OCTANE!!!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
So 76 is ok?
It is fine. I just wouldn't buy it from them because of spite.

Cali used to all be on a 92 octane standard for premium. Unocal took out a patent on the 173 easiest ways to make Cali-friendly 92 octane. So every other oil company is supposed to pay Unocal 5.75 cents for every gallon they make using one of these techniques. None of them were actually paying it, but that's an issue for the lawyers.

To realize why Cali gas sucks, you would wonder why Unocal still doesn't sell 92? Because it can't! In '97, they sold off all their 76 gas stations, and with them, their ability to decide what kind of gas to make. So almost everyone uses 91 now to avoid patent laws violations against Unocal. So all they can do now is look for oil, suck it out of the ground, and wish they had some way to make everybody else keep using their patents. So not only did Unocal screw the west coast, they screwed themselves as well. Thanks alot assholes!

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
Shell bought out almost every Texaco around here. So now there is an intersection at the freeway about 5 miles from my house that has a Shell station on 3 of the 4 corners. Can we say monopoly. LOL
^^x2 lol. shell 93 ftw!!

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
87 all day erryday....its all my LS requires and higher octane gas does nothing for your car if it dont require it.