Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

did you really want technical discussion in your title?
No, lol. I just think it is funny, because most of my thread is probably about other peoples cars. Not mine. I don't mind though. I enjoy helping people out and I welcome questions. The new direction I am going with this thread is to give more tech advice in my updates. Rather than just "Hey look what I did/got".

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Why is the sky blue?

Dude your sleeves rub? As long as it doesnt make noises... or break shit. lol

I still get some tire rub on driveways, tight u turns and high speed dips that rub against the inner fender seam.

Nick_C78

I got my car corner balanced at West End yesterday. Chris and Darin are always helpful and cool to talk to. They got my car set up perfectly. The car weighs 2410 with me in it and a half tank of fuel and has cross weights of 1205. The new alignment specs are -2.8 Camber front, -2.5 camber rear, and 0 toe all around. We decided on -2.5 rear, simply because I took such an aggressive swing from my previous set up. We didn't want to make the car be too scary for this newb to drive. There is also the option of stiffening the rear sway if the rear has too much grip since it is only on the middle setting. They also shifted the front subframe to fix the caster issue it had. So the caster is correct now as well.

Hung out with Tom Chin a little bit after getting my corner balance/alignment.

Last edited:

BrianZ

I got my car corner balanced at West End yesterday. Chris and Darin are always helpful and cool to talk to. They got my car set up perfectly. The car weighs 2410 with me in it and a half tank of fuel and has cross weights of 1205. The new alignment specs are -2.8 Camber front, -2.5 camber rear, and 0 toe all around. We decided on -2.5 rear, simply because I took such an aggressive swing from my previous set up. We didn't want to make the car be too scary for this newb to drive. There is also the option of stiffening the rear sway if the rear has too much grip since it is only on the middle setting. They also shifted the front subframe to fix the caster issue it had. So the caster is correct now as well.

One tip I can give you. The rear toe is almost unaffected by the camber adjustment. If I could not get my car to turn like I wanted (with normal shock/swaybar/spring) I would adjust the rear camber (less camber for more over-steer) at the track, you might want to have a camber gauge handy tho.

What trailing arm busing are you using?

Nick_C78

Yeah, they told me that too, but I figure the sway adjustment would be easier. I need to get some alignment tools. It woukd be a good investment. Thanks for the tip though. I dont think my car will have a rotation issue.

I have crappy prothane trailing arm bushing. I will get mugen one of these days.

Nick_C78

I got a few goodies today to help dial in the car as well as driver skill.

A digital and programmable tire gauge for a more accurate way to do tire pressures. No more getting it "close enough".

When I got home my girlfriend Emi told me that she got me an early Christmas present, but we have to go to BestBuy to pick it up. To my surprise:

It is a GoPro Hero3 Black Edition. So stoked to use the Hero3 and mount it on the rollbar so I can view my steering inputs. It should help me improve a lot as a driver. The video quality should be amazing as well!

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
I got a few goodies today to help dial in the car as well as driver skill.

A digital and programmable tire gauge for a more accurate way to do tire pressures. No more getting it "close enough".

When I got home my girlfriend Emi told me that she got me an early Christmas present, but we have to go to BestBuy to pick it up. To my surprise:

It is a GoPro Hero3 Black Edition. So stoked to use the Hero3 and mount it on the rollbar so I can view my steering inputs. It should help me improve a lot as a driver. The video quality should be amazing as well!
You have the coolest girlfriend ever. Nice stuff!
'Dat GoPro, though. :naughty:
You suck, Nick. :p
I'm glad you had a good Black Friday.

R13

The other asshole
F***, I'm gonna have to buy a black edition to be "cool" again, Dropped the hero2 in water unprotected and it still isn't dead though :/

BrianZ

Yeah, they told me that too, but I figure the sway adjustment would be easier. I need to get some alignment tools. It woukd be a good investment. Thanks for the tip though. I dont think my car will have a rotation issue.

I have crappy prothane trailing arm bushing. I will get mugen one of these days.
Adjusting the swaybar and changing the camber affect the way the car turns differently..

Get rid of the poly trailing arm bushing!

I spent a year trying to figure out a handling problem and found the poly causing a bind in the rear trailing arm. The factory ones work fine, especially if you still drive the car on the street.

Nick_C78

Adjusting the swaybar and changing the camber affect the way the car turns differently..

Get rid of the poly trailing arm bushing!

I spent a year trying to figure out a handling problem and found the poly causing a bind in the rear trailing arm. The factory ones work fine, especially if you still drive the car on the street.
I know it affects it differently, but I can just adjust my driving for the day if need be. No need to mess with the camber. Especially because I seriously doubt rotation will be an issue. Snap oversteer is really what I am more worried about with my current set up, which is why I have camber set to -2.5 in the rear to try to counter it for at least a few events until i get used to it.

I will get rid of it. It does cause a lot of binding, but it is what it is. It is on there and I feel like focusing on seat time for now. You will find that I tend to drive my car for what it is for a while before I change things. Just look how long it took me to decide to upgrade suspension. Right now I am just trying to hone my skills as a driver. Then I will mod the car more once I have a better idea of what I am looking for with this set up.