Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

I had to work yesterday, which through off all my plans. Wasn't able to do much this trip.

Picked up my block, pistons and piston rings from the machine shop today.

Finished product of the valve cover... Crappy cell phone quality, but it actually came out ok. Not perfect, but good enough for me.

I also got a package in the mail. Taking no chances this time! lol

I also ordered some Brad Penn 10w-30 to run after break in is complete.

Nick_C78

I picked up my tranny from Mr. Tom Attack yesterday as well as a few other goodies. He does great work at a great price. I highly recommend him for all your honda tranny needs.

Can't wait to see how it feels.

Here are the other goodies I picked up this trip.

Last edited:

XjoEnX

Very nice. How much did the tranny run you? I have those same brake lines, love em :thumbs up

Nick_C78

Well it was my tranny, he just installed the diff, put new diff bearings in, replaced a few seals and cleaned up and inspected everything. Said my gears and synchro looked really good so no reason to replace anything. The hub is really worn though which was odd, but ill worry about that some other time.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Nice choice with torco! I'm going to switch to something else too.

Nick_C78

What are you currently using? I hear amazing things about the Torco MTF and RTF, but I went with the MTF since I don't have a clutch type LSD or anything too crazy.

R13

The other asshole
I highly recommend him for all your tranny needs
Your what? :shock:

lol, Damn good progress, Valve cover came out good :thumbs up

I should thank you for choosing that color actually, Mine was the same but I fucked it up and when I saw you were doing yours that color I felt a little motivation to redo mine in a new color.

Nick_C78

Your what? :shock:

lol, Damn good progress, Valve cover came out good :thumbs up

I should thank you for choosing that color actually, Mine was the same but I f***ed it up and when I saw you were doing yours that color I felt a little motivation to redo mine in a new color.
I said "Honda tranny". But nice attempt though.

Thanks man. Hah it isn't as good as I would have liked. The red was flawless when I did it, but for some reason the black didn't want to play nice. I don't feel like redoing it though for something thats gonna get fucked up periodically anyways

Choosing that color? You mean going back to the OEM black? lol Glad I could help?

Amsoil. It felt crunchy after 2 track days. And it feels crunchy now.
Hmm, thats crazy considering you don't even push your tranny that hard yet(Compared to guys like Damien and Donut, etc). Must not say too much about amsoil. The Honda MTF was ok, got notchy after about 3-4 laps though. It is known not to take the heat too well. The Torco won't have that problem.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I said "Honda tranny". But nice attempt though.

Thanks man. Hah it isn't as good as I would have liked. The red was flawless when I did it, but for some reason the black didn't want to play nice. I don't feel like redoing it though for something thats gonna get fucked up periodically anyways

Choosing that color? You mean going back to the OEM black? lol Glad I could help?

Hmm, thats crazy considering you don't even push your tranny that hard yet(Compared to guys like Damien and Donut, etc). Must not say too much about amsoil. The Honda MTF was ok, got notchy after about 3-4 laps though. It is known not to take the heat too well. The Torco won't have that problem.
Who's Damien? Amsoil is just gm synchromesh. Idk if there's another one. I can look again. I'm just going to use motul.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I've been using Honda MTF. No crunchy or notchy-ness here. I might start using Motul since we have it at the shop.