Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So yesterday on my way home from work I noticed my clutch felt a little funny. By the time I got out of the parking lot it got really bad and I knew my clutch master cylinder was toast. Had to drive home without using the clutch. Shifting without the clutch is easy, but stopping and starting is complete hell. When ever I came to a stop I would have to turn the car off put it in gear, start the car and catch the gas pedal as the car was rolling just right. With those new baby DD wheels I put on I was getting lots of wheel spin, but oh well I had to get home some how lol.

So when I got home I went and picked up a new Clutch Master Cylinder just some crappy one from autozone. Also decided it would be a perfect time to flush my s***ty fluid that was in there and put in ATE blue in it. My clutch has never felt this buttery smooth. Oh and using different colored fluids makes bleeding so much easier and accurate lol.

Now I just need to flush my brakes too, but first I have some things to change before I do that. More to come on that topic next month/end of this month.
Is ATE the one thats avalible at AUDI?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
some douche bag in a car was telling me "oh yeah blah blah blah you can get this from audi" i was jw if you got yours from there. he was a typical honda hater with his FD ls7 swap. good thing i had my beats by dre on because i couldnt hear him hatin.

Nick_C78

Just got the shock oil off it, why lol. And yeah oem dust boot wont fit on the shock. Theres some plastic cover where the shaft goes in though.

Nick_C78

Clutch hose blew up yesterday...Fml. Picking up a new clutch line tonight. I also bought a new slave cylinder.. Figured I might as well replace the entire clutch hydrological system.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
On my koni's the instructions said you had to drill out the dust boot to a larger diameter to fit but if you have some other cover i suppose you dont need it.

Nick_C78

Eh I am not worried about it. And there was no way in hell I could bore out the oem dust cover to fit over the eibachs.

In other news..
Yesterday I picked up my new clutch line from Tom Liang. Thanks again man for the speedy pick up and thank you Katman for helping out with it as well! I also decided I should replace the slave cylinder as well. So my entire clutch hydraulic system is brand new now.

The clutch line replaces all of the old clutch line, including the hard line and makes it a 1 piece system. My pedal feels so damn good now. It is unreal how much feel and firmness it has now vs what I used to have.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Eh I am not worried about it. And there was no way in hell I could bore out the oem dust cover to fit over the eibachs.

In other news..
Yesterday I picked up my new clutch line from Tom Liang. Thanks again man for the speedy pick up and thank you Katman for helping out with it as well! I also decided I should replace the slave cylinder as well. So my entire clutch hydraulic system is brand new now.

The clutch line replaces all of the old clutch line, including the hard line and makes it a 1 piece system. My pedal feels so damn good now. It is unreal how much feel and firmness it has now vs what I used to have.
Nice pick up doods! :thumbs up

Nick_C78

Last night Tom and I were talking and I realized how to classify my build in a very simple way. It is funny that this never dawned on me until last night. My build is basically a stroked CTR motor with a built head. I have the same pistons, head, block and cams. I forgot that the CTR B16b had the same block as a B18C. So essentially I just have a CTR motor with gsr rods and crank, making it stroked to a 1.8.

I guess it isn't as much of a frankenstein as I thought.

Nick_C78

Picked up my rebuild parts and some other oem goodies from Mr Tom Attack last night.

Should start on the rebuild Tuesday night. While I have the motor out I figured it would be a perfect time to delete the ABS so I got the brake lines as well. My car is expected to be out of commission for 3-4 weeks because of my schedule and only being able to work on it 2 days a week because of work and the fact it will be 100 miles away in my Apple Valley garage. During that time my car will undergo a lot of changes.

Nick_C78

Started work on Charlotte today. Decided I am going to take the slow route this time and try to actually enjoy it, rather than be frustrated the entire time.

One last look before she gets a revamp(Ignore the ghetto catch can):

And here is how I ended the night. The motor is ready to be yanked, just gotta remove the motor mounts. Only spent like an hour on the car actually working. I was mostly just planning it out and see what all I want to do while I have the motor out.