My maintenance schedule

awright3331

G1 TEG
Just figured id share this, this is typed up on my computer

Pennys -maintenance schedule
Every friday - Wash and vacuum
Every Monday, Wendesday, And Friday - Tire pressure check, Radiator check, Brake Fluid check, check oil.
Every 350 miles - Lucas gas treatment/STP
Every 1000 miles - Flush radiator
Every 1500 miles Oil change
Every 2000 miles Check brakes
Every 2500 miles Clean battery terminals, check distributor cap for corrosion
Every 3000 miles Check all fuses and connections for burnt or corroded connection
Every 4000 miles Check all underhood lines and hoses for cracks and wear
Every 5000 miles check tires for abnormal tread wear
Every 6000 miles Bleed all 4 brakes
Every 7,000 miles, fill up exxon premium gas, with chevron techron additive.

awright3331

G1 TEG
just remember, cars with high mileage deserve a better maintenance schedule. I don't give my baby time to get dirty oil or fluids

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Whats considered high miles? 180k? :I

Theres going to be alot of fix ups, but whats turning me off is checking all the wires n hoses in the bay :/

Sent from my DC4

enoch723

In our g1 tegs 180k could be considered high but my first g1 made it to 423k before dying but it was had great maintenance. The one im in now just hit 186 and still hasnt had a problem other then basic stuff like belts and stuff. I think I might follow some of your list. I think I will change the raditor flush to just an inspection every 500 miles and the only reason I will do that is the d16's run hot and where im at and there is stupid ppl in traffic

awright3331

G1 TEG
In our g1 tegs 180k could be considered high but my first g1 made it to 423k before dying but it was had great maintenance. The one im in now just hit 186 and still hasnt had a problem other then basic stuff like belts and stuff. I think I might follow some of your list. I think I will change the raditor flush to just an inspection every 500 miles and the only reason I will do that is the d16's run hot and where im at and there is stupid ppl in traffic
Agreed. when mine ran hot, it was due to my overflow tank being too full, no air to breath whatsoever, and when i would go 80 mph it got hot, so i got a thermostat put it in and since then theres been no overheating what so ever. as long as i keep fluid in the radiator lol.

@integra fanatic any car is considered high mileage around 75000 miles. But i dont consider a car high mileage until 160k miles. mine is at 250,000 miles right now.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The factory service manual calls for a 45k mile interval on the brake fluid and coolant. Even the oil change interval is 5x longer than what you have. Why are you changing your fluids excessively?

awright3331

G1 TEG
The factory service manual calls for a 45k mile interval on the brake fluid and coolant. Even the oil change interval is 5x longer than what you have. Why are you changing your fluids excessively?
because ive always done it this way, and my cars all have made it past 450,000 miles.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
With all the money you waste on that retarded maintenance schedule you could buy a new car every 100k miles.

Everything on there except for the wash is an idiotic waste of time and resources, it doesn't even make any sense.

awright3331

G1 TEG
With all the money you waste on that retarded maintenance schedule you could buy a new car every 100k miles.

Everything on there except for the wash is an idiotic waste of time and resources, it doesn't even make any sense.
well i have that kind of money.. And when you drive a car as excessively as I do, you need a better schedule. My cars have lasted a really long time with this schedule. my friend has followed this to the T and his car has never failed to start..

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
My cars have all lasted as long as I own them also, none of the crap you have listed is gonna help a car run any longer.

I'm not cheap pal, I just prefer to not throw money away aimlessly.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
And what gives you the right to bash someone for their preferences?
Freedom of speech, same freedom that lets you come on here and display your ridiculous maintenance schedule. :lol:

It's just so ridiculous I can't even believe you would do it. Flush coolant every 1000 miles, give me a break. And where 's your transmission fluid change at? Maybe 8000 miles, after you give your special 93 octane treatment.

Words of wisdom, never believe anyone who tells you putting premium gas in your car is a part of their maintenance schedule. It either needs it or it doesn't, and if it doesn't putting it in won't do a bit of good.

Last edited:

enoch723

Not going to disagree because it really is a waste of money to do all of that maintenance, but it wont hurt his car to do it all, and if he has the money to burn why not