My maintenance schedule

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Op changes coolant every other day. :lol:

This guy has no idea what he's even talking about. :roll:

I'll digress and say my Pops is the kinda guy who changes his oil every 20k miles, been straining the coolant and reusing it every 100k and believes that brake fluid, trans fluid, and diff fluid, doesn't get changed unless it runs low.

His cars have never failed, but maybe it's cause they're Chevys :lol:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Yeah, i am ocd, g3teg ima check that out right now
oh and i drive 650 miles a day because i run my own business in my teg, people here call me when they get stuck on the side of the road, and where ever there at within the dfw metroplex. sometimes i have to drive to houston to get the part that they need to get back on the road
does your motor oil really get that dirty in 1500 miles?

citymunky

This is the dumbest schedule I ever seen.

Every friday - Wash and vacuum This is cool, nothing wrong with a clean car.

Every Monday, Wendesday, And Friday - Tire pressure check, Radiator check, Brake Fluid check, check oil.
There is a 3 day gap between Friday and Monday:shock::shock:

Every 350 miles - Lucas gas treatment/STP: Why?

Every 1000 miles - Flush radiator I hope to are using distilled water. With a gallon of coolant at $15, you are burning a hole in your wallet.

Every 1500 miles Oil change Why so early? Why not 2500 miles to 3000 miles like other OCD people?

Every 2000 miles Check brakes You can't feel the brakes when you apply them?

Every 2500 miles Clean battery terminals, check distributor cap for corrosion :shock:

Every 3000 miles Check all fuses and connections for burnt or corroded connection If you can blowing fuses that soon your car has problems?

Every 4000 miles Check all underhood lines and hoses for cracks and wear Why not every oil change since you have the hood open already?

Every 5000 miles check tires for abnormal tread wear Nothing wrong with this

Every 6000 miles Bleed all 4 brakes Why? If you want bleeding every 6k miles, why not check the tires(5K miles) and brakes(2k miles) at the same time?

Every 7,000 miles, fill up exxon premium gas, with chevron techron additive. Premium gas is not a clearer. The sole purpose of 91-93 Octane gas is allow high compression engines operate without pre-detonating. "A common misconception is that power output or fuel efficiency can be improved by burning fuel of higher octane than that specified by the engine manufacturer. The power output of an engine depends in part on the energy density of the fuel being burnt. Fuels of different octane ratings may have similar densities, but because switching to a higher octane fuel does not add more hydrocarbon content or oxygen, the engine cannot develop more power."

In other words use the grade of gas the owners manual says to use, unless you have a way to tune the car.