what did you do to your car today?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
What did I to my car in the last week, all oem unless specified.

Clutch
Flywheel
Pilot bearing
Throw out bearing
Clutch arm
Flywheel bolts
Clutch bolts
Axle seals
Slave cylinder
Shift cables
Cleaned/greased shifter socket
Hawk hps pads
Rotors
Cleaned intake valves
Cleaned intake manifold
Cleaned throttle body
Intake manifold gasket
Throttle body gasket
bpv boost hose
Re-painted engine bay brackets
ATE fluid/ flushed brakes and clutch
Motorcraft full synthetic transmission fluid

Worst part was a tie between cleaning the intake valves and getting the transmission out. I had help getting it back in so that made it easier. So glad to get out of the garage!

Last edited:

Isco

replace my oil pan gasket...and my trailing arm bushing, but tomorrow i'm going to san jose auto show so I'll do it later lol

OneFastGSR

Currently putting new rotors and pads on the civic and i'm stuck...

First here's my old pads, Literally non existent...

Now here's where i'm stuck!

I'm stripped the caliper bracket/bolts and I can't continue! I have no other car to get to pick n pull and grab another bracket/bolts. And it's funny how the times you need a friends help is when they won't answer the phone. Lol. Hoping my brother can come pick me up and goto pick n pull.

Ryan659

Currently putting new rotors and pads on the civic and i'm stuck...

First here's my old pads, Literally non existent...

Now here's where i'm stuck!

I'm stripped the caliper bracket/bolts and I can't continue! I have no other car to get to pick n pull and grab another bracket/bolts. And it's funny how the times you need a friends help is when they won't answer the phone. Lol. Hoping my brother can come pick me up and goto pick n pull.
That sucks dude. Call a cab if anything. Also, why doesn't your spindle nut have a notch on it?

Those rotors look nice

R13

The other asshole
Lol, I suggested he use his motocross bike to get parts, Haven't heard from him since, How hilarious would that be...

Sent from my toaster

OneFastGSR

That sucks dude. Call a cab if anything. Also, why doesn't your spindle nut have a notch on it?

Those rotors look nice
I never notched it whenever I put it on, Normally i've never had any trouble with them not being notched. Although whenever I removed the axle nuts they were not even tight at all, I'll probably go back and torque them down again and notch them to make sure it's all good. I just hate buying new axle nuts everytime I do something cause I feel like I remove the axle nut all the time. Lol

You don't need those screws, just drill it outor leave it.
Yeah I stripped one of the screws on the left nearly but got it out. What I stripped that I had to goto pick n pull for was the caliper bracket, Where it has 2 17mm's that bolt the caliper onto the rotor, They should be torqued to 80 ft lbs

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I never notched it whenever I put it on, Normally i've never had any trouble with them not being notched. Although whenever I removed the axle nuts they were not even tight at all, I'll probably go back and torque them down again and notch them to make sure it's all good. I just hate buying new axle nuts everytime I do something cause I feel like I remove the axle nut all the time. Lol

Yeah I stripped one of the screws on the left nearly but got it out. What I stripped that I had to goto pick n pull for was the caliper bracket, Where it has 2 17mm's that bolt the caliper onto the rotor, They should be torqued to 80 ft lbs

Yea I didn't read that right, my bad :lol:

I don't stake my axles nuts either, they're hard enough to get off and I've never had one come loose. I will put some blue loctite if I think I won't remove them for a long time.