well i've decided

ls_gsr

OK for the longest i thought i would get some wheels with my tax refund ,but i'm going turbo.Anybody has any sites or deals for me? i want to run about 5 lbs. right now. i'll be running a v-afc ,fpr,and a manual boost controller.If anybody has any input i would like it.and please keep in mind this is on a budget.

ls_gsr

i've been looking on e-bay alot but i'm not sure about those kits.not sure if i trust the waste gates.I've heard they cause boost creep.But i might just get one of the kits and get a Tial WG

ltrain

ls_gsr said:
i've been looking on e-bay alot but i'm not sure about those kits.not sure if i trust the waste gates.I've heard they cause boost creep.But i might just get one of the kits and get a Tial WG
those ebay kits are shit its been discussed a millon times on the forum, do a search and youll see

ls_gsr

ok i've read some of the threads about the kits but as i see it the weakest part of the kit is the waste gate.if i get a decent waste gate from Tial i should be ok right?

ls_gsr

and has anybody ever actually had one of the kits, all the threads i've seen is of the "my brother's friend's mom's sister said it sucks" variety.so has anybody had any experience with these?

ltrain

wrong.. biggest problem are the manifolds and turbo, there crap and break, the welds are shit

ltrain

there all made by xs power look them up search that....trust me if your on a budget stick with a drag kit or treadstone

ls_gsr

thats looks the same as the other mani how do i know that is isn't "shit" has anyone had one of these manifolds?

dc4whore

XS Power just makes some shitty products, that they piece together and half ass weld, an put them on ebay. They have gotten a little better over the years, but people still have to brace the manifolds , and etc so they will hold up. Your best bet is to get a better quality kit or piece togeather your own. You'll be better off in the long run. But do whatever you want to. maybe you'll luck out an it won't fall apart. My cousins xs manifold cracked right in half after about 3 weeks of use. Luck of the draw I guess.