Sound System in Stock 94 LS

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
This is gonna be a noob thing to say, but what exactly are components? Can anyone link me to an example?
component speakers are bascially another woofer for your front door for base and mids, they come with Tweeters for the highs and they will come with crossovers so your speakers know what sound they sould be playing. But inorder to use there full potential, get a amp to push them. If you don't you would be fine without high end ones.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6855_Polk+Audio+MOMO+MMC6500.html

Drifter3000

Integra FTW!
Should I go with a double din or single. The only reason I want to go with a double din is because I don't like that space that is underneath the headunit. If I went with a single din headunit, what could I put in that space? Gauges? Idk...any ideas? It also has to have a cd player apart of it.

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Would getting components without an amp be ok? I really don't want to add more weight to my DB8.

wite2nr

i've always been partial to infinitys. i had the reference series in my civic. then i had a mercedes and went big, got infinity kappas all around with an alpine 9885 and S12L7. best system i've ever had(also most expensive). however, when you take the sub out the highs on the kappas were harsh, and there was no midbass. but, to be fair the mercedes had 4.5s front and 5.25s rear. now in the teg i have the alpine 9885, S12L7 (turned way down, getting tired of bass), and polk momos. I would highly reccomend the polk momos, even over the infinitys. like the kappas, they come with an external crossover, great midbass, and the tweeters are clean not piercing. and if a DC is like a DA, it should be 6.5's all around. 4 doors have 6X9s in the rear. like samace said, you could probably stuff 6.75's in there, but there is such more of a wide variety of 6.5's (standard size).

wite2nr

Should I go with a double din or single. The only reason I want to go with a double din is because I don't like that space that is underneath the headunit. If I went with a single din headunit, what could I put in that space? Gauges? Idk...any ideas? It also has to have a cd player apart of it.
there are block off plates that you can use a single din in that slot. i like having the slot, gives me a place for the remote, little papers, smokes, whatever.

Would getting components without an amp be ok? I really don't want to add more weight to my DB8.
get a high quality coaxial with an external crossover.

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
Off hand, does anyone know the diameter of GSR tweeters?
don't know off hand, but I bought some audiobahn for my civic that were 21mm, and there are too big for the DC. I'm sure if you stay under 19mm you should be ok.

heykosal

Angkorian
Infinitys are nice, I just dropped almost $300 on a Basslink II for the Diamante which came from the factory with Infinity deck and speakers, sounds great!

But I'm second guessing my decision to drop money into a crappy ass car.
Barely 5 years old and already rusting, wtf is that? Eff Mitsubishi...broke fucks.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Infinitys are nice, I just dropped almost $300 on a Basslink II for the Diamante which came from the factory with Infinity deck and speakers, sounds great!

But I'm second guessing my decision to drop money into a crappy ass car.
Barely 5 years old and already rusting, wtf is that? Eff Mitsubishi...broke fucks.
The only car keeping Mitsubishi alive is the Evo.

Drifter3000

Integra FTW!
What is a good Double Din set for under $200? Also, thankyou for the help with the speakers and sizes. Makes my life so much more easier. Club Integra FTW