Power Loss...

adoboracer

damn man, i been reading this thread for a while, cus i kinda have the same problem...ive had the problem for a while now and its still not fixed. lol, that burning smell happens to me too wen i push it. did u fix the o2 senor thing that was mentioned earlier?

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
Nobody knows?? I’ve changed everything that could have caused this problem, except the fuel filter, spark plug wires, and the o2 on the cat and the cat itself if that could cause it............

guess he didnt

fnb2121

it may be the timing, however if it is perfect invest maybe in a distributor that may be a cause of the problem.

JDMmikE

I’ll see this weekend I'm kind of low on funds ATM because I just got my exhaust lol. I did change the distributor and the rotor inside and the spark plugs. I’m hoping it’s the wires because I didn't change those yet, or the o2 on the cat. There’s no CEL and every mechanic I took it to said nothings wrong with the car when I know damn well there’s something wrong..... lol I don’t think it could be anything to do with the fuel system cause the car idles fine and it doesn’t do it all the time…I'm hoping to get the problem fixed soon cause it's really annoying... :x

importknight

i was gonna say maybe u had a whole in ur exhaust like me my cars not anylouder just slower, does this hurt the car should i just get a new exhaust?

Winki

Undercover mod
JDMmikE said:
I’ll see this weekend I'm kind of low on funds ATM because I just got my exhaust lol. I did change the distributor and the rotor inside and the spark plugs. I’m hoping it’s the wires because I didn't change those yet, or the o2 on the cat. There’s no CEL and every mechanic I took it to said nothings wrong with the car when I know damn well there’s something wrong..... lol I don’t think it could be anything to do with the fuel system cause the car idles fine and it doesn’t do it all the time…I'm hoping to get the problem fixed soon cause it's really annoying... :x
deff do the wires like i said thats what it was on my car. get good ones though. OEM at your local dealer

adoboracer

weird...i just took my car out for a lil test drive after taking the o2 sensor from the cat off. i ono, its seems to run better than b4, but the weird thing is...my CEL didnt come on. wat does that mean? other than that, i guess im going to replace my o2 sensor.

JDMmikE

I fixed the problem I changed the Headers and the wires yesterday and the car runs great! Well I don't want to jynx it but it’s fixed for now! :lol:
Here’s a pic sorry its so blurry stupid cell phone :x

All that’s left to get is the High flow cat... and MAYBE I’ll start working on the motor maybe some skunk 2 cams...

Last edited:

Winki

Undercover mod
JDMmikE said:
I fixed the problem I changed the Headers and the wires yesterday and the car runs great! Well I don't want to jynx it but it’s fixed for now! :lol:
Here’s a pic sorry its so blurry stupid cell phone :x
All that’s left to get is the High flow cat... and MAYBE I’ll start working on the motor maybe some skunk 2 cams...[/QUOTE] :beer: see i told you wires work wonders good to hear it's up to par