Power Loss...

JDMmikE

The problem returns!!! A bit different this time... Okay I was racing my friend just for fun and he’s driving a civic ex. I know I should of taken him but after the launch and the shift to second the car bogs out and the civic starts pulling away and I have almost no power until vtec kicks in and I catch up and smoke the shit out of him but what causes the car to bog out in the low rpms at WOT??

Ps After the race I could smell something burning smelled like the clutch ….

JDMmikE

Nobody knows?? I’ve changed everything that could have caused this problem, except the fuel filter, spark plug wires, and the o2 on the cat and the cat itself if that could cause it....

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
id change the spark plug WIRES a clutch wouldnt cause ur car to bog in low rpms or even high rpms

1990TeGLs

and u smelled the clutch burning cause well u just beat the shit outta ur car...shit could be nething burning....i dont really race my car...when i do i just wanna cry cause i feel bad for it ..and its slow as shit

JDMmikE

it doesn't bog in just races you can feel it when normal driving as well... and the vtec crossover is kind of rough its not smooth like it should it feels like sudden bursts of power...

1990TeGLs

so u didnt change the spark plug wires rite? did u change the spark plugs? is ur air filter really old and dirty or is it new? id change those wires though...wires can do that...they cause ur car to miss

JDMmikE

1990TeGLs said:
so u didnt change the spark plug wires rite? did u change the spark plugs? is ur air filter really old and dirty or is it new? id change those wires though...wires can do that...they cause ur car to miss
I’ve changed the cap and rotor and the spark plugs I just bought the Injen cold air last week so its not dirty yet lol I’m just going to buy some wires today if that doesn’t work I’m like out of ideas I don't know what else could cause this...

1990TeGLs

wait is it missing? or it just feels slow as shit? .............maybe u should just go to a mechanic and tell him?

JDMmikE

It just feels slow as shit! :( The power is really unstable sometimes it does it sometimes it runs just fine. It usually occurs after driving the car for a few minutes. Mechanics are idiots! Rather come here on CI where people who own these cars know more about them.... ;)

JDMmikE

1990TeGLs said:
is ur engine making ne weird noises?
No the engine is really quite and smooth even when it’s loosing power... The idle is smooth and steady all the time. I don't know what It can be...... The only weird noise I hear is a rattle at exactly 3k rpms. Sounds like its coming from the exhaust…

1990TeGLs

maybe ur timing is fuked up on ur timing belt...but then again...honda engines are no tolerance but that could always be possible....one time when i got my new timing belt on the mechaninc skipped a tooth car was slow as shit ....when he fixed it it ran great again.....suprised the thing even ran...

JDMmikE

1990TeGLs said:
maybe ur timing is fuked up on ur timing belt...but then again...honda engines are no tolerance but that could always be possible....one time when i got my new timing belt on the mechaninc skipped a tooth car was slow as shit ....when he fixed it it ran great again.....suprised the thing even ran...
IDK... It was doing this before I replaced the timing belt and I just got it replaced and it still does it... Could it be possible that the technicians at the Acura dealer are a bunch of idiots? :roll:

1990TeGLs

i dunno i kinda doubt that but shits always possible....shit bro im running out of ideas here...how many miles ur car got on it?