Power Loss...

JDMmikE

Like it says my car feels like its lagging, the CEL didn't come on, I was wondering if anybody here would have any idea what would cause the car to do this? It does work for a few minutes after resetting the ECU...

JDMmikE

The car just has NO power you Press the gas all the way down and it feels like its struggling. There’s no check engine light so I have no idea what’s wrong...

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
JDMmikE said:
The car just has NO power you Press the gas all the way down and it feels like its struggling. There’s no check engine light so I have no idea what’s wrong...
Check your cat and o2 sensor, o2 is going bad but it wont send a cel light cuz is still connected, disconnect the o2 sensor and if the car runs fine you found your problem and your cel ligth will go on, also b/c you 02 is busted your car is probaly running rich so that will destroy you cat and clog it thus losing perfomance, pretty damn sure thats it, let me know

JDMmikE

cabezzzdb8 said:
Check your cat and o2 sensor, o2 is going bad but it wont send a cel light cuz is still connected, disconnect the o2 sensor and if the car runs fine you found your problem and your cel ligth will go on, also b/c you 02 is busted your car is probaly running rich so that will destroy you cat and clog it thus losing perfomance, pretty damn sure thats it, let me know
I think your Right cause I remember the guy at the shop messing with the O2 sensor on the cat he fixed my problem for about an hour, then it went back to lagging. Hopefully it’s just the sensor and not the cat itself. Also my car did fail smog...

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
haha all these teggy problems made me realize how old my car is and it needs a tune up

Winki

Undercover mod
try changing your spark plugs and wires because i was having simular probs and it was the wires.
if that does't work try rotar and cap

JDMmikE

Also I noticed even revving the engine in neutral seems kind of sluggish... The lagging only seems to occur when the car gets to a certain temperature...

Last edited:

JDMmikE

Well I tried the O2 sensor it still does the same thing... something is heating up and causing the car to lag because it only does it after it reaches a certain temperature...

twlplague

it could have easily been the O2 sensor...if you were running REALLY rich it would have clogged your cat....and if ran that way for a long time yourspark plugs would have gotteen REALLY dirty and bad real fast. change the plugs!

JDMmikE

fnb2121 said:
have you fixed the problem yet? if so let us know what was wrong
Yeah I fixed the problem... It just needed a REALLY bad tune up, plus I did allot of other stuff to it. Changed/flushed all the fluids, changed all the belts/ water pump, valve adjustment replaced the gasket... now the car runs really good... also replaced that shitty eBay sri with a injen cai lol....also are Cold air intakes supposed to make the car lag a bit in very low rpms? It kind of feels that way until around 3500 you can feel a bit of a pull. It sounds really nice though, made the exhaust allot deeper...

GSROWNSU

my cai does that same thing...i have the aem v2...i think they all must do that because yea it lags a little until you get above 3 and then it smoothes out.

Charged

power in a CAI is created from 3000 to around 5500 RPM's.. after that, there is almost no gain in power