obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
8urcivic said:
it wont fit your car.......u have 4 doors
im totally kidding.
I hope so lol

DarkAngelGSR said:
lol. what radiator is that?
Fluidyne, works great, stays way under half with a/c on and with no fans!!

8urcivic said:
x2!!!!!......dude.....sell me your stock cams for my build.
really, ok 50 bucks plus S/H sound ok

Winki

Undercover mod
Winki said:
obd1kenobi said:
i also would not recomend putting cam gears on your car just some friendly advice;)
Im a pretty opnion based buy but besides what dc2-gsr said
1. waste of money when you can make great power with stock cam gears
2.they are a pain to dial in properly some times
3. too much work for too little gain
4. good for ricers lol more show than go
5. can cause you to throw off timeing if not done properly and still when done right you only really need them if you have a fully built car

Eh the moral is if you want them just to look pretty then more power to you just get them done right if you want more power there a waste of your time i think you would be better off saving money for an upgraded valve train for your cams so you will have a longer power band

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Cam gears, by themselves, don't add power. Simply putting a set of aftermarket cam gears on stock cams won't add power. Cam gears are a tool needed to tune cams. You can't advance/retard stock cam gears. To tune a set of aftermarket cams to get the most power out of them, you absolutley need a set of aftermarket cam gears.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Winki said:
Im a pretty opnion based buy but besides what dc2-gsr said
1. waste of money when you can make great power with stock cam gears
2.they are a pain to dial in properly some times
3. too much work for too little gain
4. good for ricers lol more show than go
5. can cause you to throw off timeing if not done properly and still when done right you only really need them if you have a fully built car

Eh the moral is if you want them just to look pretty then more power to you just get them done right if you want more power there a waste of your time i think you would be better off saving money for an upgraded valve train for your cams so you will have a longer power band
I don't think 50 for some AEM Cam gears is a waste of money at all, and Im sorry but I've seen gains from Cam gears, not from just putting them no, but with foolin with the timing, I've seen a gsr gain 7hp from it, with stock internals, hell I gained 3tq and got a smoother power band from just adving my timing

mteg

Automatic Lover
7hp is what you might see from an intake. You'd notice it. Unlike an intake, your'e going to have to work at it to see a 7hp gain. Maybe even a trip to the dyno. Most people just add them for looks.